One of the best things about summer running is that singlets and splits fill up a laundry basket much more slowly than tights, half zips, hats, mittens, and baselayers. Winter running requires MUCH more time doing laundry! Hooray for less laundry!
Another reason to celebrate summer is the kick off of the inaugural Marathon Sports Pub Run Series!
What’s a Pub Run? A Pub Run is when a group of runners get together, goes for a run, and goes to a pub after the run. Pretty simple. It’s also pretty enjoyable.
So what makes a Marathon Sports Pub Run different?
- Social and Fun
- Meet new people - run with friends – call a babysitter and make it a date night!
- Cool New Stuff
- We will be partnering with our vendors for many of the runs and there will be opportunities to test out shoes, accessories, and other cool stuff
- All participants will enjoy a Pub Run souvenir
- There will be fun giveaways for runners who test out product
- Attend 6 or more Pub Runs and receive a personalized pint glass during our Oktoberfest Pub Runs, as well as a Pub Run T-shirt
- Eat, Drink and Be Merry
- We’ll buy a drink for any runner who tests out product on the run
- All runners will enjoy snacks and good company
Our Pub Run Series officially kicks off on Thursday, July 10th at our Boston and Yarmouth stores. It will run through the end of October and travel across ALL of our 11 Massachusetts locations. All runs will be approximately 3 miles, and ALL abilities are welcome to join us.
Each runner will receive a punch card at the first run they attend. 6 punches = your own personalized pint glass AND a fun T-shirt.
All are invited to join us after the run for food and refreshments.