Mapping the Votes by Michael Geary
Wednesday, April 2, 2008 from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
Mountain View, CA
During the main meeting starting at 6:30pm, Michael Geary will present his work on mapping the 2008 presidential primary results. This presentation is actually the final one in the current Google GEO Developer Series organized by Googlers Pamela Fox and Mano Marks. They are allowing us to co-host their final series meeting as our April GTUG meeting. The planned topics for Michael Geary9s talk are:
- Use the same code for a mapplet, a Google Gadget, and a Maps API map
- Turn shape files into map tiles, polygons, and markers
- Collect voting results into JSON objects
- Marker madness - can we make it fast enough?
- Hosting on Google Code and Amazon S3
- A custom Twitter map using Jabber to track keywords
Please note that we are starting a half hour earlier than usual this month. During the networking hour starting at 5:30pm, we invite our members that develop applications using Google Maps to do "lightning" demos of no more than 5 minutes each. Please contact Van Riper to indicate your interest to demo your stuff. Time permitting, we will include as many "lightning" demos as possible before the main event.
Although this is a free event, we will be limiting attendance to a maximum of 200 attendees. For last minute updates on this event, please refer to the main meeting announcement on the Silicon Valley GTUG site.
- 5:30-6:15pm Arrive & mingle
-- Food & drinks provided by Google
- 6:15-6:30pm General Announcements
- 6:30-7:30pm Michael Geary, Mapping the Votes
- 7:30-8:00pm End meeting by 8pm
We would like to thank Google for providing the venue and the refreshments for this meeting.
Please join our Google Group in order to get announcements of future events.
|Subscribe to sv-gtug group|
If you are unable to add yourself to the group, you can contact any one of the Group Leaders from the email address that you would like added to the group. Please send your email with "Join SV-GTUG Group" as the subject when making this request.