March #ManicMonday Social Hour
Join us at Wix Lounge to Celebrate SXSW NYC-Style!
Headed to Austin? Staying in NYC? Either way, join us for a #ManicMonday!
Monday blues, or just want to meet awesome women? Join our friendly, engaging group for a cocktail. These monthly happy hour events are where we make the real connections and friendships that bring us together. They are a closed setting, open only to women members and are a great way to find others interested in attending events with. Come prepared to make a big difference.
Rules of Engagement: Small Things Make a Big Difference
1. Smile and introduce yourself. It’s amazing how welcoming this can make a new member feel. Make sure to set a good example by holding your head up high and saying hello.
2. Circulate and share openly. Challenge yourself to meet someone new at every event. Your thoughts and opinions are the product of years of your own unique experience. Be generous with that.
3. Take the time to listen. We're in hectic New York mode. Let's slow down and enjoy a real conversation.
4. Spread the spirit of inclusiveness. We're out to change the world by showing that being nice is a position of power. Great achievements are never made in solitude.
5. Keep the conversation going. Make sure to followup when you say you will and reach out when you have questions or ideas. This is a mutually supportive group.
Located steps from Union Square, the Wix Lounge is a completely free co-working and event
space for creative professionals. Grab your laptop, pop into the Lounge and enjoy a productive
workday, great networking opportunities, and amazing events. Active since 2010, the Wix
Lounge is run by Wix.com, a free drag-and-drop web publishing platform providing user friendly
tools for building beautiful, easy-to-make desktop, mobile, and Facebook sites. The Wix Lounge
provides free support to Wix.com users, giving them help and advice for making the ideal
website. To learn more about the Wix Lounge, please visit www.wixlounge.com.
If you have not already done so, please be certain to sign up for our NYTechWomen Newsletter to be in-the-know on the latest happenings with the community.