Protecting Space Respecting Choice
Join us for the second Manchester Home Birth Conference! Our aim is to examine how we can best support home birth and make it a real choice for women. Building on NICE CG190 guidance and the findings of the National Maternity Review we will look at breaking down the barriers to home birth and explore ways in which we can ensure women make informed decisions about place of birth. Trusts which supported more home births achieved better maternal outcomes compared with trusts which supported fewer home births.
Speakers so far confirmed include:
- Annie Francis caseloading midwife, Neighourhood Midwives CEO and National Maternity Review panel member
- Maggie Howell founder of Natal Hypnotherapy and mum to 5 homebirthed boys
- Sarah Noble Consultant Midwife & Homebirth Service Lead, Birmingham Women's NHS Hospital
- Butterfly Award Winner David Montieth and his Wife Siobhan, homebirthing parents
- Birthkeeper Nicola Mahdiyyah Goodall Doula UK Mentor and Doula Course Leader
- Oldham Community Midwives team with the highest homebirth rate in Greater Manchester
- Spoken word by Kati Edwards of the 'Birth You In Love' project
We will be screening the short film 'My Choice: A Homebirth in Paris'
There will also be a choice of workshops to attend:
- Antenatal: preparing women & their birth companions for homebirth with Mary Nolan
- Intrapartum: tbc
- Postnatal: with Maddie McMahon
Plus exhibition stalls and raffle.
All tickets include lunch, refreshments, goody bag and CPD certificate.
We regret that no refunds can be made but in the event that you cannot attend you are welcome to transfer your place to somebody else.
Save This Event
When & Where
Greater Manchester Homebirth Support Group
We enable parents who have had or who are planning homebirths, to meet and support each other. Our aims:
- To encourage and support women and their partners with homebirth choices
- To promote the normalisation of homebirth
- To provide a space where parents to be or anyone interested in homebirth can come to discuss homebirth in a safe and supportive environment
- To inspire, encourage and support our increasing homebirth service across Manchester by organising homebirth information days and conferences for all to attend