Managing for Employee Accountability and High Performance
It’s been said, you're only as good as your poorest performing employee. Yet, to stay competitive in the changing marketplace, organizations need employees who are high performers and who feel accountable for results - true partners in creating an environment of success. That’s where managing for high performance fits in!
Effective “High Performance” management starts with creating a work environment where employees are attracted to and inspired by their work and have a strong desire to contribute to the success of the organization. When employees can thrive and grow, they become engaged and committed to performing at their best.
Managers who excel in their jobs exhibit effective, adaptive performance management skills. Development of strong management and coaching skills increases engagement and optimizes performance. A manager’s ability to sustain each employee’s engagement helps ensure employees will remain focused on achieving positive results.
This session is designed to help managers focus on essential skills needed for driving employee performance and productivity that is results-oriented. Program highlights include:
- Elements of trust, mutuality, and shared understanding
- Developing performance goals relevant to desired outcomes
- Understanding “performance killers” and constructive feedback
- Managing? Appraising? Recognition & rewards system? What does it all mean?
- Conflict - making it work: “agreeable” disagreements and “healthy” conflict
- Key to delegation: outcome-oriented, training-oriented, stretch-goal oriented
- Responding to poor performance, negative power, and checked-out attitudes
- Fostering risk taking, innovation, decision-making, and accountability
When & Where
Amston Associates LLC
Our goal is to help you build a strong workforce! We want to help your employees reach their potential, perform at their best, and actively drive positive business outcomes. Amston Associates offers employee and management training, performance improvement strategies, HR on-demand consulting services, and HR start-up support.