Making Sense of the Bible: An Evening with Adam Hamilton - Plano
Thursday, May 22, 2014 from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join pastor and best-selling author, Adam Hamilton, for an evening of teaching and conversation around his new book, Making Sense of the Bible.
During his presentation, Adam will focus on the nature of scripture exploring the human and divine - what it is and is not, how it was written and canonized, why we don’t consider it inerrant, and what a “high view of scripture” might mean. He will then tackle the questions people often ask about the Bible:
- Do I have to choose between evolution and the Bible?
- Were Adam and Eve and Noah real people
- How do we make sense of the violence of God in the Old Testament?
- Suffering and God in the Bible.
- Does the Bible really teach that only Christians go to heaven?
- Homosexuality and the Bible
- Is Revelation really a roadmap of the end times?
The evening will end with an opportunity for Q&A and a book signing with the author. A book display with Adam Hamilton's books, including this new title, will be open before and after the presentation.
This event will sell out, so register now! Child care is not provided for this event.
For questions about the event, contact Paige Christian, email@example.com.
When & Where
Custer Road United Methodist Church
God has called Custer Road United Methodist Church into being to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Custer Road UMC seeks to fulfill its calling by helping any and all people grow in their experience and commitment to Jesus Christ through providing opportunities for worship, nurture, fellowship and service.