Join Dale, Sherry, Louise and The Maker Faire Team as we talk about our plans for this years event, get your input and feedback, look for new Makers, network and more.
We plan on starting the Town Hall at 7:00pm and will host breakout sessions after the general session on topics such as:
- Participating as a first time Maker
- Answering questions around the Call for Makers process
- Building a pedal powered vehicle to compete in the Pedal Car Races (NEW for 2012) at Maker Faire (and how to particiapte)
- Programming an area at Maker Faire
- Becoming involved in the "Maker Faire Training" program
- Helping us spread the word about Maker Faire
- and more
And, special thanks to our friends at The Crucible for opening their space to us and hosting our meeting!
We will be onsite at 6:30pm and the general session will start at 7:00pm.
See you on March 5th at The Crucible.
P.S. Light refreshments will be served and we will be bringing marketing materials for you to share (flyers, posters, stickers, yard signs and more).
When & Where
Make: Magazine and Maker Media
Maker Media seeks to create positive change in the world by inspiring and empowering everyone to become a Maker. Through our signature brand, Maker Faire, we have the largest event network that engages Makers around the world and under our Make: publishing brand, we produce Make: magazine, the how-to "bible" of the Maker movement, along with websites, books, and kits. Founded in 2005, and headquartered in San Francisco, Maker Media caters to a universe of more than 25 million Makers across its properties.
"The Maker movement has brought the pre-1970s world of basement workshops and amateur tinkering into the digital age." — The New York Times