Maker Media and Intel are proud to present a special educational opportunity for grades K-12: a preview tour of Maker Faire Bay Area!
Thursday, May 16, 2013
11:00am - 2:00pm
Inspire your students at Maker Faire Education Day! On Thursday, May 16, 2013, students will have an opportunity to gain a sneak peek into some of our exhibits and workshops as Maker Faire is being set up for the weekend.
We hope that through Maker Faire Education Day students will:
- Meet, interact, and converse with individual Makers, who are sharing their unique passions
- Become exposed to the wide breadth of art, science, engineering, history, and interdisciplinary subject areas that all involve making
- Experience a live performance or demonstration
- Engage in a hands-on project or activity, resulting in a product to take home
- Work on a collaborative project or share experiences with other students, teachers, chaperones, Makers, or members of the community
- Become exposed to, and feel welcomed and supported in, the Maker community
- Be inspired with at least one new idea to try at home or in school
- Be enticed to return on Saturday or Sunday!
Sign up with Maker Faire’s growing community of educators to receive information about upcoming field trips, school visits, and other Maker Faire-sponsored outreach opportunities.
ORDERING: The Tour Group package is valid for up to 10 students (age 18 and under) plus up to two adult chaperones. Please purchase as many of these tour packages as necessary to accommodate the number in your group and use the "Additional Student" tickets to complete it. For example, if you have 33 students, purchase 3 Tour Packages and 3 Additional Student tickets and make sure you have 3-4 Adult Chaperones to accompany your group.
If you would like to submit payment through a purchase order, please email us at email@example.com for assistance. 1 Adult Chaperone is required for every 10 Student attendees. Please make sure your have the correct number of chaperones for your group.
HOURS: 11:00am-2:00pm. Tours are 120 minutes long and will have staggered arrival and departure times. Groups will be assigned an arrival window and tour start location as the event gets closer.
All attendees (students, teachers, and adult chaperones) must agree to the items listed below. We have created a PDF form to send home with students for parent/guardian signatures, available in English and Spanish.