ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP
STORY DIFFERENT is a hands-on immersion into how to develop an idea into a well told, original screenplay. This workshop helped thousands of young writers gain solid fundamentals, write faster and finish more scripts, win awards, and start fruitful professional collaborations. Make no mistake, this is not “just another” script-writing class, but a transformation in how you approach writing structure altogether.
The workshop is led by Danny Alegi, award-winning filmmaker, writer, educator, and founder of CINEMAHEAD.
4 DAY WORKSHOP: Story Different
- Learn to Develop story
- Stop guessing “what happens next?”.
- Develop imaginative scenes and solid storylines.
- Develop new storytelling skills and visualization tools.
- Practice “Story Different” principles
- Conquer structure, visually.
- Understand creative exploration vs limitation.
- Craft good scenes that work, action, dialogue, relationships.
- Learn story tools: film time, layers of conflict, constant change, choices, clear solutions and many more.
What you can expect. The workshop...
- helps find a personal approach to story design and development
- goes past the WHY feedback. We start from HOW? questions and a practical hands-on approach
- helps transform "writer-block" into into self-confidence and original solutions
- provides a “compass” to develop choices in the journey through plot, character, dialogue
- helps re-imagine the relation between structure and improvisation
- requires dedication and focus. Principles are no guarantee without will, desire, focus and energy
- The course is suited for all writers, no prerequisites are required except will and passion to write screenplays.
Each writer gets individual attention, development practice, one-on-one mentorship, and lots of feedback.
Contact Danny Alegi for information about Cinemahead workshops :
Cinemahead workshops motivate, inspire and empower ambitious writing talents. The process:
Here are some other numbers and stats:
over 2000 writers, directors and producers have participated Cinemahead workshops. Each writer gets individual attention.
95 festival awards have won by Cinemahead workshop participants, including: Best European Short , Academy Awards-Official selection from Sweden 
(“Story Different” and “Film Different” are Daniel Alegi/Cinemahead trademarks)
A NOTE FROM THE Workshop leader
In 2001 I launched the Cinemahead project to share resources for story development . For years I had worked as an editor, script consultant, author, educator and independent writer-director. I apprenticed with greats and began to mentor others to pay it back.
Among the key issues I see young writers sruggle with:
- Fear of rejection (fear of mistakes, low risk-taking)
- Resort to derivative content (lack of original experience, formula sourcing)
- Unclear choice-making (more guesswork than strategic decisions)
- Low practice and skill (erratic process, slow-paced development, abandoned projects)
The Cinemahead workshops have proven successful helping writers get over these blocks by embracing both structure and freedom and learning how to deliver solid story design together with fresh, imaginative character development.
CHOOSE FROM TWO OFFERINGS OF THIS FOUR-DAY WORKSHOP:
July 24, 25, 31, & August 1, 7-10pm each night, $249
Working Preview is July 18, 7-9pm, $25
August 5, 6, 12, & 13, 3-6pm each day, $249
Working Preview is August 3, 1-3pm, $25
Preview fee will be applied toward workshop fee.