Make the Click - Bridge the Gap: Adult - Teen Communications
Saturday, March 13, 2010 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
College Park, MD
Inshaa Allah this 7 hr intensive workshop will provide insights into the lives of teens, and provide parents and educators with tools and approaches they can use to deal effectively with difficult situations. It is a mix of presentation, group activities, exercises, assessments and case study analysis from real situations in our Muslim communities in North America.
- Does you teen not listen to you?
- Is you teen becoming isolated?
- Do you and your teen always get into arguments and can not communicate?
- Does your spouse and your teen never get along?
- Are you being faced with questions in the classroom you don’t know how to address?
- Do you feel your students are not motivated in class?
Who Should Attend?
- Youth coaches
- Introduction to Teens
- Parents and Teachers, Who are They?
- Teen Challenges
- Communications Cornerstones
- Significance of Parents in Islam
- Youth—Adult Relationships from the Quran and Sunnah
- Listening Techniques
- Coaching Both Ways
- Motivating the Stubborn
- Mentoring Your Teen
- Effective Criticism
- Untying the Gridlock
- Dealing with Common Problems
- Over the Boundary: Drugs, Sex and Tawheed
- Real case studies
Workshop includes a 60 minute exam at the end of the day. All applicants who score 80% or higher receive (1) ILIA Educational Unit.
Financial Aid available for eligible applicants: Complete form and email prior to registration for a discount code.
When & Where
A non-profit organization dedicated to the realization of leadership, capacity building and instituitional sustainability.