Maine Media Workshops Alumni Weekend
Saturday, August 10, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM (EDT)
Join us in the height of summer fun season for a homecoming in true Blue Dot style. We'll have a special alumni opening reception of the Mentor exhibit at CMCA, and also showcase other faculty members in an exhibit in our own gallery. There will be volleyball, barbeque, music, and storytelling with old friends. If you're coming from out of town, please make your hotel reservations early! It's one of the busiest weekends in Midcoast Maine. Don't forget to pick up one of our limited edition 40th Anniversary t-shirts when you buy your ticket!
Scheduled Activities: Saturday, August 10
- 10:00am - 12:00pm Registration at Haas Building welcome desk
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm Lunch under the tents on campus
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm Campus tours, volleyball, connect with friends
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm Mentor show opening at CMCA
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm Focus on Faculty show opening at Maine Media Gallery
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm Dinner on Campus with live music from The Pete Kilpatrick Band
- 8:00pm - 10:00pm Presentation with slideshows, tributes, and a toast to the founder
When & Where
Maine Media Workshops + College
Maine Media Workshops + College is proud to celebrate its 40th anniversary in 2013. When it was founded in 1973 as Maine Photographic Workshops, it was one of the first to focus on experiential learning through short and intensely creative sessions led by master artists and world-renowned professionals. Soon after its founding, the institution expanded beyond photography to include broadcast video, filmmaking, and design. Over the past four decades, thousands of individuals, of all ages, from over 44 countries around the world have come to Rockport, Maine to ignite their creativity and passion for the art and craft of visual storytelling.