Join our community of letter-writing lovers, mail-art masters & correspondence converts!
The Byrne Education Loft will host mail workshops & passionate experts to share their skills & love of the post.
This month, we'll share the tips on how to send "naked" mail.
Naked mail is a form of mail art that is sent without any packaging. A postcard is the simplest form of naked mail, but we'll show you how to take it further with items that have successfully been sent though the post with just stamps and an address.
To get the most from this workshop, bring with you some lightweight, non-fragile items that you want a friend to find in their mailbox. We'll advise you on its chances of successfully arriving, postage costs, and sending more fun surprises through the postal system.
Here’s some important information about coming to the Mail Social Club meetings:
- Our security officers has a guest list – please know that they may ask your name as you enter the museum.
- Enjoy the workshop!
- More the merrier -- spread the word about the Mail Social Club on social media outlet. You can also share your creation/experience through your facebook/twitter/instagram (use #npm #mailsocialclub) when you are at the Club. Show off what you've made ;-)
- Just a reminder -- We meet every second Thursday of the month and host mail related workshops and passionate experts to share their skills & love of the post.
To get to the National Postal Museum
- Take Metro's redline to the Union Station.
- The museum is on the corner of 1st Street NE and Massachusetts Ave, right across the street from the Union Station.
To get to the Byrne Education Loft
- Enter the building from the 1st Street entrance. Go through the security checkpoint and towards to the center of the historic lobby.
- As you walk towards to the center of the historic lobby, you will see the information desk on your right side, and on your left side, there is the door that is open and you will find the staircase as you go through these doors.
- Take stairs or elevator to get to the Byrne Education Loft, follow the direction posted on the wall to get to where we are meeting for the Mail Social Club.