Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
When: Start - May 5, 2012 @ 10am End - May 6, 2012 @ 1pm
Where: Sector 67 (2100 Winnebago St, Madison, WI 53704)
What (to bring): Caffeine, any extra hardware/electronics you want to use, and a Propeller based board if you have one to use for the weekend.
Who: Anyone interested in developing a project that uses the Parallax Propeller
The Prop-Jam is being modeled after our collective experience in setting up and running the Global Game Jam ( http://globalgamejam.org/ ) in Madison for the past few years. This means that everyone, from all development skill levels, is invited to attend and work with others on a Propeller based project that can be completed in the 27 hours we have together.
Timeline: (coffee/food breaks throughout)
- 10-11am - Meet others and talk about your project ideas. If you don't have an idea, find one you like and team up to maximize how much you can accomplish during the Prop-Jam. Try to keep groups smaller than 7 people (otherwise you run the risk of group implosion) and larger than 1 person (if no one can appreciate the awesomeness of your idea.... maybe it's not so awesome?)
- 11am-rest of day - Work with your team to develop, test, and iterate on your project idea
- 12am - 12pm - Work with your team to continue developing, testing, and iterating on project ideas
- 12pm - 1pm - Teams will present their projects to the rest of the people at the Prop-Jam
- After 1pm - You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.....
Suggested discussion topics for initial meet and greet:
- How much experience do you have developing with the Propeller?
- How much experience do you have creating electrical and mechanical components?
- What type of electrical/mechanical hardware/parts have you brought with you?
- What is the world's best cereal?
Suggested presentation topics:
- What did you work on for the past 26+ hours?
- How is your final project different from the initial idea?
- What, if any, development tricks did you pick up from working with the Propeller or from others?
Ken Gracey (Parallax Inc) has generously agreed to send some boards (25!!) out for people to use. We will distribute them to the groups as they form, but there will certainly be some fried/damaged boards by Sunday afternoon. If you have a personal Propeller board that you can bring to work on, you should probably bring it as backup.
We have found sponsors for food!!!
Who are we?
We are co-founders of Radiant Fabrication, a startup company based in Madison, WI focused on the development of a novel advanced manufacturing platform. We are still developing our first product for launch this summer and are keeping quiet for now, but will be able to share more information soon.