Made Good: An evening to celebrate design & its promise for social change
Thursday, September 26, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
AIGA Raleigh presents Made Good: An evening to celebrate design & its promise for social change at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences on Thursday, September 26th.
If you have any interest in the role of designers and design process as a way to create social change, or if you're a design professional who wants to use your talents to make a powerful difference in your community, you won’t want to miss this one-night-only special event featuring design leaders from Chicago, Atlanta, and Raleigh.
We are proud to host three amazing design leaders and entrepreneurs for presentations, a panel discussion, and a Q&A session with the audience—all to provide inspiration, practical advice, and conversation on bringing socially responsible design to your professional practice—Chicago's Dawn Hancock of Firebelly Design and the Firebelly Foundation; AIGA Atlanta Fellow Doug Grimmett of Primal Screen and Good Thinking Atlanta; and Raleigh's own Aly Khalifa of Gamil Design, founder of designbox and SPARKcon.
AIGA Raleigh will also be honoring Aly Khalifa at this event as the third-ever Fellow of AIGA Raleigh in recognition of his catalytic role in North Carolina's design community!
As a way to keep the conversation going, we're hosting four Made Good: Take Action events in October—all attendees to the evening event on the 26th will be able to attend a Take Action working session of their choice at no additional charge!
Made Good is a Design for Good event; Design for Good is AIGA's national movement to ignite, accelerate and amplify design-driven social change.
• 6:30 pm - 7pm: Reception and recognition for the studios who participated in the AIGA Raleigh Studio Tour on September 12th.
• 7:00pm - 8:15pm, the event begins with speaker presentations
• 8:15pm - 9:00pm: Panel discussion followed by audience Q&A
Ticket purchases include:
• Admission to Made Good on September 26th, including pre-event reception
• Admission to one Made Good: Take Action event (October 1st, October 3rd, October 8th, or October 10th)
• A portion of the ticket price will fund charitable donations to the Firebelly Foundation and to Good Thinking Atlanta.
When & Where
*by registering for this event you will be included in the mailing list for our bi-monthly newsletter, which will keep you informed on future events and news from AIGA Raleigh.