Machine 2 Machine Hardware Hackfest
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (MDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Quick Left Hackfest is back after a break over the summer, and this is one you don't want to miss! Not only are we officially kicking off Rocky Mountain Ruby Conf, we also have 2lemetry sponsoring the event! What does this mean for you? Free beer, pizza, MaKey MaKey kits for teams and a whole lot more!
We want you to develop a machine-to-machine(s) application solution....for anything...in three hours or less. Can be business-related, pleasure-related, cat-related or...you get the gist. To do this, you'll need machines, right?
That's why we are supplying 10 MaKey MaKey kits for you to hack with (and teams get to keep-you can fight for that later). In addition to that, you can play with the following:
- This tower system module: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-SER
- WeMo switch, wifi enabled way to turn devices on/off http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7C027
- A device that gives you a wifi hotspot via 3G (i.e. if you're in a cabin in the woods…) http://www.richardsonrfpd.com/Pages/Product-Details.aspx?productId=1102488
- Sparkfun inventors kits: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11227
- Some Android tablets
- Stellaris development board: http://www.ti.com/tool/dk-lm3s9b96
- A so-called "device that talks to mouse traps"
- An RS232 shield for arduino - http://www.cutedigi.com/arduino-shields/rs232-shield-for-arduino.html
- Sparkfun is also kickin' in some extra jumper wires and a few IOIO boards too!
- Feel free to bring assembled items from home (but no code ahead of time!)
When & Where
Quick Left Inc. is a leading provider of innovative software development services and tools headquartered in Boulder, Colo. Its services team specializes in web development, design, training and mobile applications. The company also operates Sprintly, a development management platform designed to power a more productive relationship between teams and their managers. Together with Sprintly, Quick Left accelerates software product launches with a process defined by accountability, simplicity, scalability and today’s smartest web technologies. Visit Quick Left at quickleft.com.