PREVIOUS PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
For this workshop, please bring a laptop to use with the Android SDK installed in advance if possible. Follow the Android SDK installation instructions detailed at here. If you have trouble installing the SDK, we can help troubleshoot the installation at 7pm before the workshop begins.
- 7:00pm - Meet and greet, Eclipse and Android SDK help.
- 7:30pm - Mobile app case lessons presentation from Jay Garmon
- 8:00pm - LVL1 Android Development Workshop led by Mike Borsuk
- Android intro / history / OS architecture overview
- API overview
- Development tools overview / setup
- Build / deploy 'Hello World' sample app to emulator and device
- Give users choice of a few sample apps to build and deploy, help with customizations for interested users
- Optional: display and discuss a custom hardware platform running running android as well as some commodity devices running custom Android builds
For any questions about this workshop please email firstname.lastname@example.org