and Vegas enthusiasts!
The Las Vegas Adobe User Group is hosting a "Neon Photowalk" in the Fremont Street district (Old Vegas) -- Sunday, Oct 21st, 2012, from 4-10pm .
Join the Las Vegas Adobe User Group and notable photographers as we celebrate the revitalization of downtown Las Vegas with a fun and eventful photowalk/scavenger hunt.
This FREE event is open to photographers
of all skill levels!
Fremont Street). It's a great way to meet other attendees and enjoy
coffee. We will hand out a guide to the photowalk route, and also
provide a fun Scavenger Hunt list of things to look for along the way.
(URL for after-event Pic Uploader will be given by event organizers)
Coffee Shop Closes at 5PM. Snacks & Bottled Water will be provided
to those who check-in, courtesy of Adobe.
Photowalk/scavenger hunt and independent shoots
After-shoot social (casual) at the Griffin (511 Fremont Street)
Aaron Houston from Adobe Systems will be on hand to offer a raffle
prize to a lucky attendee. Representatives from other West Coast Adobe
user groups will be on hand to join in the festivities, as well.
We encourage you to tweet along the way - use #LVAdobe as the official
Twitter handle for the event.
After the event:
We'll post our photos online - it will be fun to see everyone's shots!
group organizers will provide the password)
OR if you don't mind sharing your photos with the public, then you can upload your photo submission to the Las Vegas Adobe User Group's facebook page photo wall: http://www.facebook.com/VegasAdobeUsers
The photowalk Organizers will look in both places in order to judge "best" photo for the CS6 Photoshop Extended software prize. You need to have signed up via this EventBrite webpage to be eligible to win the software prize.
Remember, this is open to everyone, with any camera, from cell phone camera to professional gear. Come out and join in the fun!
Here's a few recommended downtown hotels for you non-locals:
El Cortez: rates are TBD. (The very photogenic Cabana Suites are sold out, but they have great rates typically. 800.634.6703).
Golden Nugget: rates were $169 (Sat.) / $69 (Sun.) when this was posted. Nice rooms.
Plaza: Good new restaurants, I hear the rooms are great. Rates were $116 (Sat.) and $58 (Sun.) when this was posted.
We will be focusing on the Neon signs from the Downtown Gallery which begins on Fremont Street at Las Vegas Blvd. and extends west toward Third Street.
The Photowalk is not limited to these signs. This list is purely meant as a guide. The organizer of this walk hope to hand-out maps with signs overlaid on it with suggested routes.
PHOTOWALK NEON SIGNS LIST/GUIDE (not all-inclusive)
MAP of PhotoWalk & Details about Scavenger Hunt:
-- Map Link
- Aladdin’s Lamp (Neonopolis) northwest corner of the Fremont Street Experience and Las Vegas Boulevard. Part of the Aladdin Hotel, 1966
- The Flames Restaurant (3rd St. Gallery)
- 5th Street Liquors
- the Chief Court Motel The northeast corner of the Fremont Street Experience and 4thStreet.
- Andy Anderson (3rd St. Gallery) Part of the Anderson Dairy building, 1956.
- The Red Barn (3rd St. Gallery). Part of the bar of the same name, 1960
- Wedding Information (3rd St. Gallery), near the Fremont Street Experience
- the Nevada Motel (3rd St. Gallery), near the Fremont Street Experience; 1950's hotel.
- Dots Flowers (3rd St. Gallery) Part of the Dot's Flowers floral shop, 1949.
- The Silver Slipper (By El Cortez; Street Pic)
- Binion’s Horseshoe
- Society Cleaners
- the Hacienda Horse and Rider Location: The intersection of the Fremont Street Experience and Las Vegas Boulevard. Origin: Part of the Hacienda Hotel, 1967
- The El Cortez
- Vegas Vic in the Fremont Street Experience
- The Griffin Bar
WHO Made these Signs? History of YESCO and Martin Stern, Jr.
Giveaway items will be given to those that register here on this EventBrite via special tweets and raffle tickets:
- TWO Pieces of Adobe Software will be given away; Adobe's Choice; most likely Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended, and Adobe Lightroom 4 + other software.
- The New "Adobe Create" T-shirt will make its debut at this event. Will have plenty of stickers, buttons, drink cozies, Creative Cloud T-shirts, 15% off Adobe software coupons to those who want them.
- Special Software prize CS6 Photoshop Extended (TBD - $999 value) for most interesting Neon Sign Photo as judged by Photowalk Organizing team. We have other prizes too, so be sure to register.
LOOK WHO's COMING TO THIS:
ABOUT Las Vegas Adobe User Group:
The Las Vegas Adobe User Group meets monthly to share tips & trends from every level of Adobe software user and we do it for FREE. Membership is open to the public. We have over 200 members; Regular meeting size is between 30-80 people, depending on the presentation. We meet at the University of Las Vegas Paradise Campus at 851 E. Tropicana Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89119. We post updates about our meetings on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/VegasAdobeUsers Dialogue is highly encouraged! The Vegas AUG members range from students, photographers, to working designer/illustrator/creatives. We get regular support from Adobe Systems, Inc; we have semi-annual software raffles, Adobe promo items, and World Class Adobe Community Professionals (ACP) speakers who come to our group.