Luv & Learn Your Hair | Houston
Saturday, October 12, 2013 from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Taren Guy Presents:
"Luv & Learn Your Hair|Houston"
Where inspiration meets education in the natural hair community...
Brought to you by Motions®
Taren Guy brings forth a fabulous and unforgettable natural hair event that will be held at "Hughes Hangar" in Houston, TX.
Taren will be speaking on the deeper meanings and issues of natural hair and what it means to her. This segment of the event will be on the more inspirational side with the intent to uplift others to LOVE THEIR HAIR.
An expert hair stylist, will be helping others LEARN THEIR HAIR by giving very valuable tips on how to be free, playful and versatile without compromising it’s health.
Other activies include:
- Live Q & A session with Taren Guy & hair stylist
- Hair demos done by the Motions' team of stylists | Sample booths
- A live panel discussion titled "The Deeper The Roots" which will be discussing various topics on texture discrimination, fear of versatility, natural hair in the work place and more! The people who will be participating on this panel are: Taren Guy (who will be moderating), special guests include Houston's own Crystal Knight & Chimere Norris of Naturally Happy Hair Magazine, Nakesha "Himay10nence" Smith from YouTube and 1 event attendee will be selected.
- An impromptu "Natural Hair Fashion Show" modeled by the event attendees celebrating unique style. (Make sure you come with your best hair style because YOU may be selected to participate in the fashion show!)
- Fun raffle prizes and giveaways as well as juicy goodie bags to go home with!
(Goodie bags sponsored by Motions®)
- Vendors will be there showcasing their brands
- Cash bar for alcohol & non alcoholic beverages (the bar will be serving a discounted signature cocktail for the evening)
More about our guests:
Crystal Knight and Chimere Norris are the brains behind Naturally Happy Hair Magazine, the fastest growing publication in the natural hair community. They are passionate about the growth of the movement and feel it's important to love and embrace who you are naturally. They have created a positive and supportive online community and a content rich magazine to aid in your natural hair journey. Together they bring more than 10 years of knowledge on healthy and natural haircare practices to the panel.
More about our sponsor:
Extraordinary beauty. Fabulous style. Limitless shine. Since 1993, Motions has become synonymous with with creating innovative salon-quality products for modern women of color. Motions celebrates the beauty of versatility within the natural hair community and has created amazing new products, such as "Straight Finish" dedicatd to making it an easier and more fabulous journey.
This will be a fun loving and inspirational event to help celebrate the beauty of natural hair at it's best ... You won't want to miss this! Hope to see you there!