Luv & Learn Your Hair | Chicago
Thursday, September 12, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Taren Guy Presents:
"Luv & Learn Your Hair|Chicago"
Where inspiration meets education in the natural hair community...
Brought to you by Motions®
Taren Guy brings forth a fabulous and unforgettable natural hair event that will be held at "Castle" in Chicago, IL
Taren will be speaking on the deeper meanings and issues of natural hair and what it means to her. This segment of the event will be on the more inspirational side with the intent to uplift others to LOVE THEIR HAIR.
NYC Hair care expert Jennifer Rose, will be helping others LEARN THEIR HAIR by giving very valuable tips on how to be free, playful and versatile without compromising it’s health.
Other activies include:
- Live Q & A session with Taren Guy & Jennifer-Rose
- Hair demos done by the Motions' team of stylists | Sample booths
- A live panel discussion titled "The Deeper The Roots" which will be discussing various topics on texture discrimination, fear of versatility, natural hair in the work place and more! The people who will be participating on this panel are: Taren Guy (who will be moderating), Jennifer-Rose, The Monroe Sisters (Ms. Vaughn & Meechy Monroe), Na'Kesha "Himay10nence" Smith from YouTube and 1 event attendee who will be selected.
- An impromptu "Natural Hair Fashion Show" modeled by the event attendees celebrating unique style. (Make sure you come with your best hair style because YOU may be selected to participate in the fashion show!)
- Fun raffle prizes and giveaways as well as juicy goodie bags to go home with!
(Goodie bags sponsored by Motions®)
- Vendors will be there showcasing their brands
* Complimentary food buffet will be available
- Cash bar for alcohol & non alcoholic beverages (the bar will be serving a discounted signature cocktail for the evening)
More about our guests:
Halling from Los Angeles, Jennifer-Rose has styled the fashionable and glamorous from Seattle to New York City. For over ten years, she has excelled as both a colorist and a stylist. Refusing to restrict her talent to one area of cosmetology she says, "The only thing I specialize is is beautiful hair!" She has a vast experience with both naturally curly and relaxed hair, always supporting her clients' style choices.
Featured in TimeOut New York, Jennifer-Rose has participated in Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2011, Fall 2011 and Spring 2012. Her work has appeard in American Girl Magazine and on CBS' The Early Show.
The Monroe Sisters, Meechy and Vaughn, are a popular Chicago-based Natural Hair & Beauty video blogger duo. Together they share the same vision and goals; motivating and inspiring young women to embrace their own beauty and personal style.
Na'Kesha Smith also known as Himay10nence is the co founder of the organization "Restoring self esteem among Queens where self love is the first love. Na'Kesha hosts events in her hometown East St. Louis monthly where she always give back to the youth in the community.
Himay10nence started vlogging on YouTube in 2008 and has been called "The woman who says all the stuff you're thinking but is too afraid to say." In 2010 she made a major explosion on the natural hair scene with the famous video "You natural hair girls make me sick," since then, she's been interviewed on several internet radio shows, hosted natural hair events all over the U.S and has appeared on the television show "The Doctor Drew Show" along with Kim Coles, Derek J and celebrity natural hair stylist Felicia Leatherwood. With over 30,000 follwers on her social media sites and over 2 million views on YouTube, Himay10nence (who is affectionately called Aunty) will continue to bring you the truth in the only way she knows how... In the RAW!
More about our sponsor:
Extraordinary beauty. Fabulous style. Limitless shine. Since 1993, Motions has become synonymous with with creating innovative salon-quality products for modern women of color. Motions celebrates the beauty of versatility within the natural hair community and has created amazing new products, such as "Straight Finish" dedicated to making it an easier and more fabulous journey.
This will be a fun loving and inspirational event to help celebrate the beauty of natural hair at it's best ... You won't want to miss this! Hope to see you there!