San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Incredibly diverse in style and content, LUNAFEST is united by a common thread of exceptional storytelling - by, for and about women.
Join LUNA Bar + Reel Grrls for the 2014 Seattle premiere of LUNAFEST, a festival of nine inspiring short films by women filmmakers, for women, and help support Reel Grrls and Breast Cancer Fund (100% of proceeds go back to them!!!).
This fun-filled night will kick off with a reception, complete with bites from Grim's + Po Dog, drinks from CLIF Family Winery + Hilliard Beer, makeup glam from Gene Juarez Salon + Spa, popcorn from Yelp Seattle and lots of other fun surprises!
Nine inspiring films will follow –They will compel discussion, make you laugh, tug at your heartstrings and motivate you to make a difference in your community. We'll top it off the evening with a (jam-packed) goodie bag for you to take home.
Ticket prices include two drink tickets, bites and a goodie bag full of treats from our sponsors! This is an all-ages show and boys are welcome too!
FEATURED FILMS + ABOUT LUNAFEST:
- Date with Fate (Filmmaker: Venetia Taylor)
- First Match (Filmmaker: Olivia Newman)
- Flying Anne (Filmmaker: Catherine van Campen)
- Granny’s Got Game (Filmmaker: Angela Alford)
- Maria of Many (Filmmaker: Alexandra Liveris)
- Running Dry (Filmmaker: Dimitra Nikolopoulou)
- Sidewalk (Filmmaker: Celia Bullwinkel)
- Sounds Shadows (Filmmaker: Julie Engaas)
- Tiny Mini Magic (Filmmaker: Danielle Lurie)
SEATTLE SPONSORS + PARTNERS:
- Gene Juarez Salon + Spa - Glam Sponsor
- Grim's + Po Dog - Catering Sponsor
- Yelp Seattle - Popcorn Sponsor
- Hilliard Beer - Brew Sponsor
- CLIF Family Winery - Wine Sponsor
- UBER - Transporation Sponsor
- Fresh Jess - Promotional Partner
- CRAVE - Promotional Partner
- Chick Chat - Promotional Partner
- Cycle the Wave - Promotional Partner
MORE ABOUT LUNAFEST:
- LUNAFEST is a traveling film festival of award-winning short films by, for and about women. This season's program of nine films – filled with stories of reflection, hope and humor – will travel to more than150 cities and screen in front of 20,000 people. Each year, various organizations bring LUNAFEST to their communities and raise funds for their local non-profits, as well as our main beneficiary, Breast Cancer Fund.
LUNAFEST BY THE NUMBERS:
- $1,250,000 raised for local causes
- $656,000 raised for Breast Cancer Fund
- 25,000 expected to attend LUNAFEST’s 2013-2014 season
- 950 films submitted to LUNAFEST each year
- $1,000 awarded to each filmmaker selected to participate in LUNAFEST
- 924 women’s non-profit organizations have benefited from LUNAFEST
- 15% of every dollar raised goes to Breast Cancer Fund
- 85% of every dollar raised goes directly to the host’s local charity of choice
*Net proceeds from this event benefit Reel Grrls and Breast Cancer Fund.
When & Where
Established in 2000 by LUNA, the makers of the Whole Nutrition Bar for Women, LUNAFEST connects women, their stories and their causes through film. This traveling film festival spotlights the work of a diverse array of talented women filmmakers with intelligent, funny and thought-provoking themes.
Learn more at lunafest.org.