LUNAFEST® East Bay 2013
Saturday, March 2, 2013 from 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM (PST)
El Cerrito, CA
- Advance sales have ended but our box office will open at 7pm TONIGHT and on-site ticket prices will be:
$25 for general admission &
$5 for student/teacher admission (with ID)
- The VIP reception is SOLD OUT! The reception will be held at: 638 Clayton Ave, El Cerrito and begins at 6pm (look for blue and yellow balloons).
- Parking is available beginning at 5pm at ECHS, 540 Ashbury Ave. El Cerrito, CA 94530. The ECHS lot is located on Eureka Ave. off Ashbury Ave.
- Please come prepared as we will have unique, fair-trade items for sale from Majirani Market and raffle tickets for $2 each or 6 for $10 for a chance to win a GoPro HERO3 Silver Edition camera and other great prizes!
- Don't forget that if we can get at least 50 people to complete a survey after the event, we will get an additional $250 so please encourage everyone to fill out a quick 5 min survey--thank you!
About LUNAFEST East Bay 2013
LUNAFEST is program of short films all by, for, about women®. The films celebrate the unique, touching and inspirational roles of women in our local, national and international communities. This nationwide annual film festival, now in its 12th year, is dedicated to building community through the power of film and the power of story.
The films will begin at 7:30pm and the total film time is 90 minutes. There will be a brief intermission with coffee and treats during the show. Click here to watch a trailer of this year's line-up of films.
Our show will be emceed by El Cerrito community member and actress Karen Grassle, best known for her portrayal of "Ma" in the popular TV show, Little House on the Prairie. After the films, Ms. Grassle will interview two of the film makers whose films have been featured in LUNAFEST. This year, Ms. Grassle will interview Sharon Arteaga, filmmaker, “When I Grow Up” and Jisoo Kim, filmmaker and artist, “The Bathhouse”.
This year's event is dedicated to the memory of Wanna Wright (December 11, 1944 - May 19, 2012), Breast Cancer Fund board member, co-founder of the African American Breast Cancer Task Group (AABCTG), LUNAFEST East Bay committee member and breast cancer prevention advocate extraordinaire.
Special Thanks to:
- 4Cats Art Studio
- Jack Bastian
- Hossain Bayat
- Gary R. Cecchi, MD
- Clif Family Winery
- Cliff's Variety
- Children's Creativity Museum
- Design-A-Sign, Albany, CA
- Donkey & Goat
- D’Jour Floral & Boutique
- Bill & Wyatt Dew
- El Cerrito Community Center
- Event Solutions Catering
- Alan Eskenazi
- Molly Franson
- Grey Fox Vineyards
- Go Pro
- Sam Galoob
- Keith Johnson
- Emma & Randy Jordan
- Laguinitas Brewering Company
- Kevin Little
- Jeannette Pagan
- Tom & Dylan Richardson
- Daniel Schumacher
- Emma, Michael & Matt Seuferer (photographer)
- The Walt Disney Family Museum
- Pam Walker
- Well Grounded Coffee
LUNAFEST is brought to you by LUNA and is hosted locally by the LUNAFEST East Bay Organizing Committee now in our 6th year of producing LUNAFEST for our community.
About our Causes
100% of the net proceeds from LUNAFEST East Bay 2013 will go to the following local, national and international charities:
The Information Technology Academy (ITA) is a small learning community at El Cerrito High School that motivates and prepares students for graduation, post-secondary education and careers in networking, database management, digital art and web design. The Academy introduces students to industry-themed academic concepts and work-based learning experiences to support them in reaching their educational and career goals. www.techfutures.org
When & Where
LUNAFEST East Bay Organizing Committee
The LUNAFEST East Bay Organizing Committee is a group of East Bay women who are dedicated to educating the public about the environmental causes of breast cancer. This is the committee's 6th year of producing LUNAFEST for our community.