San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Lu-WOW! Retreat 2014
Getting some time away from the hassles of everyday life is something we all need and here is your opportunity. Bring a bottle of wine and some friends for an awesome get-away as we have fun with the a tropical themed weekend!
* *Caution * *
Attending this event with friends may lead to abrupt bouts of laughter - some of which will take hours to recuperate from. You may experience the light headed, dizzy euphoric feeling you get when you have no chores to do. This feeling quickly passes however. Attending this event with so many great women may lead to so much smiling that your lips may hurt. There is no cure for this. The bar down the hall may have something to help you through the awkwardness however. You may be droopy eyed due to lack of sleep with all the great things to do around town but a massage will perk you right up. We apologize for the inconvenience of you not having the ability to do laundry and dusting but I've informed the hotel staff to give anyone who asks, a dust cloth and map to the laundry.
- 10sq ft (1/2 of an 8'x30" table) of table space to use as you like.
* Many attendees are scrappers, knitters and crafters of all kinds. Many also use their space to organize their photos or recipies or work on projects from home. Some simply use the space to play games and just hang with friends!!
- 24 hour room security to keep your items safe
- Community Treat Table for the entire weekend
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday
- Good times
- Creative supplies available to purchase
- Hundreds of dollars in exciting raffles and prizes
- Fun and excitement
- A four minute walk to unique stores, restaurants & specialty shops
- “Scrap It Forward” craft recycling table
- “Flea Market” with retired or gently used craft items
- Lots of beautifully great women
- Young people 12 and over are welcome to attend but please remember – there are mature ladies here
- Two pools, sauna and a hot tub for your pleasure
Options at the Retreat:
- Photography class teaching the CALL method of picture-taking with hands-on training. Learn to take pics that POP! ($20)
- BYOB Painting Party (no experience necessary) to paint a beautiful 16 x 20 acrylic picture for yourself or as a gift ($30)
- Sleeping rooms, if you choose, are mini-suites! They have a fridge, microwave and kitchen area with dishes. They are available for the pre-negotiated rate of only $81 a room (not per person)
* Rooms will expire 30 days before the event. Call me if we are close to this time so I can see about acquiring a room for you.
- Beautiful sitting area with massage chairs
- Movies to rent in hotel lobby
- Past and possible vendors
- Die cutting
- Bath and body products
- Album Embossing
- Bra Fittings (free)
- Spa Products
- Tinsel and feather hair extensions ($10)
- Make-up consultations (free)
- And more may be available: There is a fee for extra services that are done by independent individuals/companies though some offer free services
Options in Lake Geneva and nearby towns:
- Beautiful sunrises and sunsets over the lake
- Quaint shops
- Waterfront with activities and cruises
- Supper Clubs
- Carriage and Sleigh rides
- Ice Skating
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Cross Country Skiing and Sledding
- Dancing Horse Theater
- Lazer Tag
- Air Tours
- And way much more!
- Consignment and Resale Shops
Read orgainzer description for more information
19 year anniversary special
If 3 new attendees register at one one time...
You get a 4th registration for free!
If you are registering after March 3,
please callme to make sure I can acquire space for you.
For a truly life-changing couple’s retreat – Check out my partner…
Visit www.familylife.com/weekend and put “weekendsawayretreats” in the “group name” to get 50% OFF your registration!!
When & Where
Harbor Shores - for women who need a get-away with space for scrapbooking, crafing, projects for game-playing
300 Wrigley Dr
Friday, April 4, 2014 at 4:00 PM - Sunday, April 6, 2014 at 4:00 PM (CDT)
Add to my calendar
Weekends Away Retreats
I have been offering economical yet fabulously fun retreats as well as unique and exciting classes since 1995 and my prices have stayed very low with purpose. We all need time away from our daily responsibilities and being with other women is like a therapy for most of us. I want "every woman" to be able to afford to get time away. So... it is my pleasure to offer these events as a way for women to relax, connect and rejuvinate; but don't be surprised to find men attending the events as well. The retreats are very unique in the fact every registration comes with table space and access to everything I offer. Women have been attending for years using this space to work on projects and crafts that they can't find the time for at home. Many women also come with nothing in particular to do so they bring games and activities from home to share with their friends.
We have fun with themes at each event like Tropical, La-La-Pallooza, Wine - Women and We-Laxation, Safari, Reno Casino, Mardi Gras, Winter Weekend Escape and more. Many of my guests will decorate their area to go with the theme and even dress for it.
I'm not a store offering canned events; I pride myself on the fact that my events are personal and well organized with an array of offerrings to appeal to everyone. Serving my clients is my goal. The three gifts I've been blessed with are mercy, craftsmanship and administration and they have led me to designing these events for women. It is perfectly and completely where my heart is and I hope I get the opportunity so serve you.
I look forward to serving you.