48 HOURS TO CREATE SOMETHING AMAZING!
People interested in service design, design thinking, customer experience and innovation will meet at locations all over the globe to develop brand new services and celebrate the world of possibilities.
In the spirit of experimentation, collaboration and friendly competition, teams will have one weekend to create completely new services, experiencing an entire human-centered design process in just a few days. On Sunday at 3pm, their collection of brand new services will be published to the world.
WHAT is the jam?
Is it a start-up weekend? A hackathon? Kind of, but not quite...
Imagine 48 hours to come up with an idea and bring that idea to life, but instead of creating lines of code or a new business (though you may end up doing those things), you will be creating new services and experiences. Throughout the weekend, teams will work collaboratively to concept, develop and prototype services, and by the end of the weekend, the teams will bring those ideas to life!
Is it a conference? A workshop? A networking event? Nope!
This weekend, it’s all about DOING and MAKING, not simply talking! It is a hands-on, learning-by-doing event, aimed at bringing passionate people together, in order to create new and innovative solutions to a common challenge, using the tools of service design and design thinking.
WHO can attend the jam?
Everyone and anyone can join the jam! You don't have to be a “Designer” to jam. Service design and design thinking are processes and tools that anyone can use for innovative and creative approaches to problem solving, regardless of job title or skill level.
WHY should you attend?
- You will learn design-based approaches to creative problem solving and gain hands-on experience, all while having fun.
- You will have an awesome time and connect with passionate people from your community, and from all over the globe.
- You will make cool prototypes like videos, customer journeys, service blueprints and more!
- You will experience how a structured innovation process can produce robust, concrete and human-centered results, even in just 48 hours.
Can I attend just one day of the jam?
Unfortunately, you cannot attend the jam for just one day, as teams use the entire weekend to research, concept, prototype and test their ideas. We understand that people have other obligations, such as family and work, so arriving a bit late/leaving a bit early, or stepping out for a few hours, is ok.
If you can't make the entire weekend, but want a taste of the jam, consider getting involved as a volunteer!
Want to sponsor the event or get involved? Consider joining the jam as a sponsor, mentor or volunteer!
- Sponsors make the jam possible, by providing meals to keep jammers fueled, and supplies to keep jammers prototyping!
- If you are a skilled practitioner in your field (service design, creative director, entrepreneur, start up/business development, customer service, etc.), consider being a mentor!
- Volunteers help keep the jam going the whole weekend!
CONTACT US and stay up to date with jam news! Have a question or an idea? Need more info? Interested in becoming a sponsor? We’d love to hear from you.
Learn more! www.servicedesignjam.org
Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Tweet us! @gsjlosangeles