LONGMONT POLICE TRAFFIC SAFETY CLASS - JULY 2013
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM (MDT)
YOU ARE ORDERED TO APPEAR ON THE COURT DATE AND TIME LISTED ON THE FRONT OF YOUR TICKET. If you do not appear at the date and time listed on your ticket a warrant will be issued for your arrest or a default judgment (that is a court decision that you are guilty of the full points listd on the ticket) shall be entered against you for failing to appear in court.
Please print out these instructions for future reference:
You will not be admitted to the course if you arrive after 4:55pm
$10 will be added to your fine for each court continance to attend Traffic Safety Class
$25 Traffic Safety Class. Payment can be made with a credit card online. To pay by check, cash or a money order, please click "show other payment options" below the "Order Now" box.
WHAT IS REQUIRED IF I DECIDE TO ATTEND TRAFFIC SAFETY CLASS?
- You MUST attend your initial court date as indicated on the ticket you received from the officer.
- You will be REQUIRED to appear for court again after you have completed the class.
- You MUST bring your traffic certificate with you when you come to court. You must also bring your parent to court (not Traffic Safety Class), if you are a juvenile.
- You may NOT present your traffic certificate to the court before your court date.
- You may NOT present your traffic certificate to the city prosecutor before your scheduled appointment or court date.
- The court fine will NOT be reduced by attending Traffic Safety Class. $10 will be added to your fine for every court continuance for Traffic Safety Class. The cost for the Traffic Safety Class is an additional $25 to be paid to the City of Longmont.
You must present a valid government PHOTO ID or driver’s (ie. driver's license, passport, etc.)
Participants are permitted to bring cell phones and mobile devices into council chambers, however, devices should NOT be used during class as they are a distraction. We respectfully request that attendees do not answer phones or text message during the presentation. No additional materials are required.
Attendees are not permitted to smoke on city property
No food is permitted in council chambers; however, attendees are permitted to bring water and/or soft drinks into council chambers.
ALL QUESTIONS SHOULD BE REFERRED TO THE TRAFFIC SAFETY CLASS STAFF AT TRAFFICSAFETYCLASS@CI.LONGMONT.CO.US. Please do not contact the court regarding the traffic safety class registration process. Thank you.
When & Where
LONGMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Longmont Department of Public Safety (fire, police, emergency management and emergency 9-1-1 center).