LONGMONT POLICE TRAFFIC SAFETY CLASS - APR 9, 2014
Wednesday, April 9, 2014 from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM (MDT)
You must appear in court on the date and time that is printed on your ticket. You may attend the Traffic Safety Class prior to your next scheduled court appearance. Attending the Traffic Safety Class does not relieve your of your responsibility to attend court. If you do not appear at the date and time listed on your ticket either a warrant will be issued for your arrest or a default judgment (that is a court decision that you are guilty of the full points listed on the ticket) shall be entered against you for failing to appear in court. If there is not a scheduled Traffic Safety Class prior to your court date, you will need to attend your next scheduled court date and request a continuance to attend the Traffic Safety Class.
Please print out these instructions for future reference:
You will not be admitted to the course if you arrive after 4:55pm
$10 will be added to your fine for each court continance to attend Traffic Safety Class
$25 Traffic Safety Class. Regardless of your payment method, YOU MUST register on Eventbrite to enroll for this class. You will not be able to buy a ticket the day of the class after noon.
WHAT IS REQUIRED IF I DECIDE TO ATTEND TRAFFIC SAFETY CLASS?
- You MUST attend your initial court date as indicated on the ticket you received from the officer.
- You will be REQUIRED to appear for court again after you have completed the class.
- You MUST bring your traffic certificate with you when you come to court. You must also bring your parent to court (not Traffic Safety Class), if you are a juvenile.
- You may NOT present your traffic certificate to the court before your court date.
- You may NOT present your traffic certificate to the city prosecutor before your scheduled appointment or court date.
- The court fine will NOT be reduced by attending Traffic Safety Class. $10 will be added to your fine for every court continuance for Traffic Safety Class. The cost for the Traffic Safety Class is an additional $25 to be paid to the City of Longmont.
You must present a valid government PHOTO ID or driver’s (ie. driver's license, passport, etc.)
Participants are permitted to bring cell phones and mobile devices into council chambers, however, devices should not be used during class as they are a distraction. We respectfully request that attendees do not answer phones or text message during the presentation. No additional materials are required.
Attendees are not permitted to smoke on city property
Food is NOT permitted in council chambers; however, attendees are permitted to bring water and/or soft drinks into council chambers.
ALL QUESTIONS SHOULD BE REFERRED TO THE TRAFFIC SAFETY CLASS STAFF AT TRAFFICSAFETYCLASS@CI.LONGMONT.CO.US. Please do not contact the court regarding the traffic safety class registration process. Thank you.
When & Where
LONGMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Longmont Department of Public Safety (fire, police, emergency management and emergency 9-1-1 center).