COME ON DOWN TONIGHT !
Don't miss this great family event!
Check out these awesome Silent Auction Items:
- Lou Carneseca signed basketball !
- St. John's Basketball tickets (4) !
- Lottery Board with $100 bill !
- 5 liter bottle Italian Wine !
- $150 plumbing services gift certificate !
- Designer handbags !
- Designer perfumes !
Check out these awesome Chinese Auction items:
2) Learn to Crochet
3) Night at the Movies
4) Storytime: collection of books
5) Soaps, Lotions&Creams: basket with hand-made products
6) "Relaxation Retreat": Heated Stone Spa
7) Champagne & Delights: Champagne bottle with chocolates and goodies
8) Basket of Tea
9) "Words of God": Catholic Books & Tim Staples CD set
10) "Sing to the Lord" Sculpture & "Gardener's Daughter" Statue
11) "For the Kiddies": Gift certificate & toys from Matty's Toy Shop
12) "Wrap it up": gift wrapping set
GREAT FOOD, FUN & FELLOWSHIP!
UPDATE: The 2014 "Msgr. Kissane Award" will be given to Lt. Michael Murphy, posthumously to his parents at our 2014 Conference.
Funds raised at the BBQ are to support the LICCM 2014 Men's Conference.
Lt. Michael P. Murphy, from Patchogue, N.Y. Murphy was killed by enemy forces during a reconnaissance mission, Operation Red Wing, June 28, 2005, while leading a four-man team tasked with finding a key Taliban leader in the mountainous terrain near Asadabad, Afghanistan. The team came under fire from a much larger enemy force with superior tactical position. Murphy knowingly left his position of cover to get a clear signal in order to communicate with his headquarters and was mortally wounded while exposing himself to enemy fire. While being shot and shot at, Murphy provided his units location and requested immediate support for his element. He returned to his cover position to continue the fight until finally succumbing to his wounds.. The movie LONE SURVIVOR about this battle and Lt. Michael Murhphy, will be coming out in January (Based on the NY Times best selling book of the same name). The FOR GOD AND COUNTRY conference committee is thrilled and honored to bestw this award to him.