LOL Live: Savings Summit '10
Saturday, May 15, 2010 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
Come join us to for a free, fun-filled, information-packed day where you can get practical tips and tricks to saving money NOW on groceries, clothing, health and fitness.
Locals on Living, an affiliate of the Cincinnati.Com network, and our community bloggers are getting together to share practical advice and answer your questions on how to save on the things you need to get the things you want.
The only cost is a canned good or other needed item to benefit the Freestore Foodbank. Everything else is FREE!!
We'll start the morning with a panel of our bloggers and open it up to your questions. Then we'll move into breakout sessions where bloggers will delve more deeply into their expert areas. Sessions will include.
- How to Pad Your Wallet Not Your Butt" Dr. Gary Huber of HealthyAlterEgo, will offer cheap & easy tips to get a healthy, vibrant and leaner body.
- "Heels and Steals" Amy Storer-Scalia of Chic This Week and Kasmira Kit, of What I Wore Today, will show you how to freshen up your look for little or no cash.
- "List, Clip, Shop!" Andrea Deckard who is Mommy Snacks will show you how to use three unique strategies to help you drastically reduce your grocery budget.
Not to miss
- The Girlfriend Lounge, hosted by Debba Haupert of Girlfriendology, and Jody England, a lifecoach and part of the Healthy Alter Ego team. Meet new girlfriends, unwind or get some stress-reduction tips at our no-stress hangout area.
- Cooking with Caitlin will whip up tasty appetizers from everyday items that taste like a million but cost very little. A don't miss!
- Admission is free to 350 -- but a canned good or any needed item is encouraged. Canned good and other donated items will go to the Freestore Foodbank. We will be posting some of the community's most needed items through the next month.
- Savings Swag Bags will go to all 350 participants.
- Be entered to win gift baskets from each of our bloggers valued at several hundreds dollars each and other goodies!!
- Take-away tips you can immediately begin using to lower your monthly bills at the grocery store, for clothing, beauty items and also how to stay healthy and fit without breaking the bank.
*Participants can attend two of three breakout sessions
**Swag Bags will not be available until after the doors open.
When & Where
Hosted by Locals on Living, an affiliate of the Cincinnati.Com network.
Cincinnati.Com partnered with 12 local bloggers, who are each experts in their areas of coverage, to form an online site called LOL: Locals on Living.
The Cincinnati.Com Network is the #1 local Web site in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. Delivering nearly 40 million page views each month, Cincinnati.Com is the region's most-viewed and most-visited local Web site. The Cincinnati.Com Network represents more than 50 local and national print and online brands, including the online editions of The Enquirer, the Community Press and` Community Recorder.
Please make sure you are registering for ONE session at 12:30 p.m. and ONE session for 2 p.m.
- Please remember your RSVP ticket you received when you registered. It will serve as your ticket to be entered to win several door prizes donated by our bloggers including a makeover, a health/fitness basket, a FLIP video camera, a girlfriend basket and a reusable shopping tote.
- **If you registered for more than one ticket and are bringing a friend, we will have cards to be filled out so they, too, can be entered for a chance to win a door prize.
GREAT additions we wanted you all to know about
- Lunch will be provided from Subway.
- If you are attending the Heals and Steals sessions, please bring a scarf as our fashion experts will walk you through several ways to tie it and use it as an accessory.