Sustainable Business Alliance / Oakland Grown
One PacificCoast Bank and East Bay Express
Together we'll learn, meet, greet, and eat together to build each other's businesses and strengthen our economic eco-system - from artisans, producers, and manufacturers to wholesalers, retailers, restaurateurs, professionals, and service providers.
Each month, our mixers will have 5 major elements, which we describe in more detail below.
Tuesday Sept 24, 2013 5:30 - 8:00 pm
Topic: American Steel Studios, the incredible arts and manufacturing incubator in West Oakland
Location & Speakers from: American Steel Studios
Food & Drink: Brundo Ethiopian Spices & Line 51 Brewery
Member advice stand: Pedal Express Courier Service
Come to this month's advice stand to find out how bicycle couriers can save your business time and money
Meet the Makers!
Romauld Picard - mixed media reclaimed sculpture
Join us for demonstrations and presentations with:
Kijani Grows - smart aquaponics gardens for homes, schools, and corporate settingsBuilt from Salvage - residential and commercial furnishings and fixturesBike Parking - bike parking fabricationCore Foods - food industry: non-profit organic oaklandBrown Dirt Cowboys – residential furniture from high end salvage and reclaimed materialsGrower’s Secret - innovative organic gardening solutionsGroundation Foundation - Living walls and public green space reclamationWholly H2o - mainstreaming localized water (re)useReChar / GrowerBot - carbon negetive fertilizer / wifi connected automated gardensChet Wood - wine barrel planters and furnitureHammers and Heels - reclaimed furniture and lighting design for home, business, and franchises
Department of Spontaneous Combustion - interactive educational fire art and vehicles
Anarchitectural - OakTown Hall Project – buildin the future from what remains of the past
Oakland Rain Barrel Program - a City of Oakland program providing rain water harvesting systems
FREE for current dues-paying SBA / Oakland Grown members,
$15 for partners with discount code
$20 general public
More Details About this Monthly Series
Local, Social & Sustainable Business Mixer Series
by Sustainable Business Alliance /Oakland Grown
with One PacificCoast Bank and East Bay Express
5:30 - 8:00pm
Various member locations
Hear from the East Bay's most successful and socially-responsible business leaders and entrepreneurs. How did they grow to where they are now? What are the principles they've followed to be successful? Where are they headed now?
Each month will include 5 main elements to help our members learn, connect and enjoy the evening:
1) A short presentation / Q&A with a successful local business or artisan that gives back to the community and/or environment.
2) A behind-the-scenes tourof a different member location each month (see behind the scenes of your fellow artisans, winemakers, restaurants and more).
3) Free advice from a fellow member- Get a bit of free advice from a fellow member in their area of expertise: social media, accounting, organizing, and more, as they host that month's "Lucy" advice stand.
4) Connections- Lots of time (and some helpful tips) for networking. Connect with fellow members and other like-minded business owners and artisans to grow your business. Help build a strong local economic eco-system from manufacturing to wholesale to retail.
5) Excellent local food and drink, of course!