LocalGovCamp in the North West at the fabulous PresCap Arts & Media Centre in the centre of Preston (close to a Premier Inn and 5 minutes from the railway station).
This event will also include parallel, introductory sessions for Councillors on the use of Social Media (see http://cllrsocmed.wordpress.com/ ).
LocalGovCamp is an unconference (no charge, no agenda) for people mostly working in or around Local Government to get together for a few hours and talk about stuff.
This stuff usually falls into one of the following categories:
- Stuff that is new, exciting, innovative and probably digital
- Stuff that has happened that is great and needs to be shared
- Stuff that is about to happen which might be exciting
- Stuff people want to do and need help with
- Inevitably stuff around Open Data and Social Media
Bring: Yourself. Laptop/tablet/smartphone. An open mind. Curiosity. Imagination.
Session ideas will be discussed over at the LocalGovCamp Huddle (request an invite by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
OPEN to all (Preston is just over 2 hrs from #thatlondon and 1.5 hrs from Birmingham)
Kindly Sponsored by;