Local Chef Challenge
Thursday, April 25, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM (EDT)
Chapel Hill, NC
Get ready for a feast of local culinary creations!
Community Nutrition Partnership is hosting a good old-fashioned showdown between the best and brightest local chefs. Chefs James Naquin (Guglhupf Bakery, Restaurant and Cafe), David Wimmers (Saint Jacques French Cuisine), Vimala Rajendran (Vimala's Curry Blossom Cafe), Daniel Grodence (Southern Rail) and John Eisensmith (Six Plates Wine Bar) will serve up delecetable dishes made from local, fresh, healthy produce. Their final creations will be kept under wraps until the evening of the event for all to enjoy. You get to be the judge and vote on your favorite dish!
Come with a gurgle in your stomach and an appetite for local food. The food, music and beer will be sure to make for the best Thursday evening you'll have all year. Did we mention we have an amazing silent auction line-up, too?
Your ticket purchase will get you a host of items:
- Appetizers from Mediterranean Deli
- Five small plates of local food from the chefs
- Local beer from Steel String Brewery (cash bar)
- Wine from Turner Wine Imports
- Dessert from Chez Moi, Sweet T a Cakery, and Kelley G's Cupcakes
- Coffee from Bean Traders
- One drink ticket good for one glass of wine or local beer
- Silent auction items - Place your bid and buy raffle tickets (cash and check preferred)
- Live music performance by Mary Johnson Rockers
The evening's events will go as follows:
- 6:00-6:15: Check-in
- 6:00-6:30: Appetizer portion and begin silent auction
- 6:35-6:40: Chefs announced
- 6:45-7:45: Small plates served, blind taste test table, and vote on your favorite dish
- 7:45-7:50: Winning chef announced
- 7:50-8:20: Dessert and coffee
- 8:25-8:30: Last call to place silent auction item bid
- 8:30: End of the first ever Local Chef Challenge!
All proceeds from this event directly benefit Community Nutrition Partnership's mission to grow healthier communities by increasing access to healthy, local, affordable foods.
We'll see you there!
**Check out our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with silent auction items, entertainment, and more**