San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Goal of the Course:
Practical training in liturgical leadership, grounded in good liturgical theology. Primary focus on leading a principal Sunday service of Holy Communion.
Who is the for?
The course is designed for active priests, but will be helpful to deacons and aspirants. It has been designed with a responsive, flexible format that will be helpful to both new and experienced priests.
Lectures, discussion, and small group practicums with an instructed Eucharist
Canon Greg and a team of presenters and practicum leaders.
• Christian Worship: Word and Sacrament, Gathering and Sending • Take, bless, break, give • Church Year Basics: Seasons, Feasts and Fasts • Music in Worship • Space and Setting • Mission and Worship • Explaining worship and sacraments to the congregation
• Organizing the Space Available • Books and Resources: Lectionary, Seasonal, Musical, etc. • Seasonal Planning • Order and Flexibility, Flow of Service • Blending Forms
• Personal Preparation • Posture, Demeanor and Presence • Movement and Coordination of Movement • Vesture
CELEBRATING HOLY COMMUNION
• Basic Anglican Altar Setting and Eucharistic Vesture • Manual Gestures and movement • Practices Not Recommended
• The Great Thanksgiving • Administration of Communion • Practices Not Recommended
When & Where
Anglican Diocese of the South
The Anglican Diocese of the South is a diocese of the Anglican Church in North America. Headquartered in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia, we are comprised of Anglican churches and missions in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia.