UPDATE – SOLD OUT!
We sold out quickly again this year. Thanks to everyone for their enthusiastic support of Ursinus College Swimming. If you did not get a spot, you may check back on this site. If we get refund requests, and spots open up, they will be reflected above. Please be advised that we do not keep a waiting list and do not do private lessons. Thanks again for your interest in the Little Bears 2012 lessons!
Little Bears Youth Swimming Lessons
Sponsored by the Ursinus College Men’s & Women’s Swim Teams
Help the UC Bears with their fundraising efforts – Support Ursinus College Athletics
Session Dates & Times
Session 1: March 26 – April 5 at 4:30pm
Session 2: March 26 – April 5 at 5:30pm
Session 3: April 9 – 19 at 4:30pm
Session 4: April 9 – 19 at 5:30pm
Session 5: April 23 – May 3 at 4:30pm
Session 6: April 23 – May 3 at 5:30pm
Session 7: June 18 – 28 at 10am
Session 8: June 18 – 28 at 11am
Session 9: July 9 – 19 at 10am
Session 10: July 9 – 19 at 11am
$135 per child
About the Program
Days of Lessons: Spring lessons run Monday through Thursday and begin at 4:30 p.m. or 5:30 p.m., depending on your choice of registration. Summer lessons begin at 10am or 11am depending on your choice of registration. All skill levels are offered during each session.
Length of Lesson: Lessons run 45-60 minutes each day depending on the student-teacher ratio and progress of each class.
Instructors: All spring classes are taught by members of the Ursinus College Swim Team. All summer instructors receive training from the UC aquatics staff.
Class Setting: Children will be divided by ability on the first day of classes and placed in a group of no more than 5 students for each instructor. All instructors will be ready and able to progress each child at the appropriate pace as dictated by the structured program.
Student Ages: Classes are open to children ages 4-14.
Missed Classes: There are No Make-up Classes if your child cannot make it to their lesson. This policy applies 100% of the time regardless of illness, injury, or scheduling conflict.
Refund Policy: Refunds may be requested until two weeks before the beginning of the session and will be subject to a $25 fee. Within two weeks of the session and after the session has begun, no refunds will be issued for any reason.
- Beginner – Any child 4-5 years old who cannot swim across the pool on their back is considered a beginner. Beginners will work on floating and self-rescue techniques while gaining confidence around the water. Any child not potty trained must wear a water diaper.
- Goal: To jump in, surface on the back, and swim the width of the pool without assistance.
- Advanced Beginner – Advanced beginners will work on freestyle skills with proper rhythmic breathing. The backstroke will also be introduced. Because of teaching techniques, all children 6 and over who are very beginners will be in a special group of Advanced beginner
- Goal: To swim freestyle with proper breathing the width of the pool.
- Intermediate – The Intermediate level is designed to refine freestyle stroke efficiency and endurance to swim 25 yards (the length of the pool). The backstroke and diving are also elements of this level.
- Goal: To swim 25 yards both of freestyle and backstroke using proper technique.
- Advanced – Advanced swimmers will work on elements of competitive swimming. In addition to more refining of freestyle and backstroke, Advanced students will work on breaststroke, butterfly, starts, and turns.
- Goal – The successful Advanced student will be ready for competitive swimming.
Still not sure which level to register your child? Make your best guess. All students will receive a brief evaluation on the first day of lessons and necessary adjustments will be made.