LISTAS 2015 Conference
- Family & Education
- Canada College, Redwood City CA
Latinas in STEM2 To Achieve Success (LISTAS) will be hosting their inaugural conference at Cañada College in Redwood City this April 26, 2014. The LISTAS Conference is a motivational career and educational conference for Bay Area Latina middle/high school students and their parents. It will introduce young Latinas to science, technology, engineering, math and management (STEM2) careers, conduct hands-on STEM2 workshops, and expose them to dozens of thriving Bay Area Latina professionals.
The purpose of the #LISTAS2014 Conference is to
· To encourage and motivate young Latina women and their families to pursue careers in historically underrepresented fields
· To connect young Latina women and their families with professional Latina role models in various STEM2 fields and who are active in their community
· To create awareness of local thriving companies and high skilled jobs as well as key resources in the community
Date: Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Location: Cañada College, 4200 Farm Hill Boulevard, Redwood City, CA
Cost: Free!!! Donations welcomed.
Workshops and Presentations: Workshops and presentations will be available in English and Spanish based on need.
Confirmed Key Note Speakers
· Alicia Aguirre, Redwood City’s First Latina Mayor
· Laura Gomez, Head of Localization and International Product, Jawbone
· Isaura Gaeta, Director, Intel Corporation
We have reached capacity and have closed registration. Thank you very much for your interest. Please visit us on our webiste at www.listas.org, follow us on Facebook and Twitter @listasorg for future conferences, programs, and events. For questions and opportunities email us at email@example.com.
LISTAS works to increase the number of Latinas in STEM2 and Management fields by creating a pipeline of Latina role models that will empower and motivate young Latinas to join the professional ranks while being agents of change in their community.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.