Linguamatics Text Mining Summit 2014
Monday, October 13, 2014 at 1:00 PM - Wednesday, October 15, 2014 at 4:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This year’s meeting will take place on October 13 - 15, 2014 in the beautiful and historic city of Newport, Rhode Island, at the Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel & Spa.
The hotel is surrounded by Narragansett Bay, next to the famous Newport marina and boasts extensive grounds and facilities including a swimming pool, Stillwater Spa and close proximity to the famous Newport National Golf Club.
Confirmed industry speakers to date:
- Mark Burfoot, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
Text Mining and Knowledge Strategy in an Evolving Pharma Landscape
- Mick Correll, Genospace
Personalized Medicine in Cancer
- Elzbieta Skrzypek, Cell Signaling Technology
Searching scientific literature for a public database - the PhosphoSitePlus case
- Ryan Owens, Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Gaining critical information for clinical trials using NLP
- Jonathan Keeling, Boehringer Ingelheim
Integration of text mining into the tranSMART knowledge management platform
- Alice Goshorn, Bristol-Myers Squibb
Expanding the use of text mining through smart query web portals
- Abhivyakti Sawarkar, Pfizer
Strategic business insights from medical information data analysis
- Miguel Camargo, Novartis
Opportunities from bulk literature extraction
- Andrew Garrow, Thomson Reuters & Guy Singh, Linguamatics
I2E with Cortellis
- Paul Summers, Microsoft & Paul Milligan, Linguamatics
Semantic Enrichment for Enterprise Search: a pharma R&D case study
- Customer presentations featuring best practice, case studies and insights on practical approaches to text analytics using natural language processing (NLP) and knowledge discovery
- Presentations covering what's new in I2E, looking ahead at developments in the pipeline and future directions for text mining and knowledge discovery
- Round table discussions covering important topics and challenges in the field of text mining and knowledge discovery
- Opportunities to network with peers and with Linguamatics experts
- Hands-on workshops, giving new and experienced users the opportunity to explore the full capabilities of I2E, and discuss best practice in consultation with Linguamatics experts
- Evening social events
- Healthcare track to discuss best practice and use of NLP in healthcare
- Partner presentations and exhibits
Who should attend?
- New and experienced users of Linguamatics and other text mining software
- Any professionals interested in the mining and analysis of textual information
When & Where
Linguamatics is the world leader in deploying innovative natural language processing (NLP)-based text mining for high-value knowledge discovery and decision support. Linguamatics I2E is used by top commercial, academic and government organizations, including nine of the top ten global pharmaceutical companies. I2E can be used to mine a wide variety of text resources, such as scientific literature, patents, clinical trials data, news feeds and proprietary content. It is available as an in-house enterprise system, a managed service and software-as-a-service (SaaS) on the cloud.
Typical applications in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, healthcare, government and other sectors include:
- Mapping gene-disease relationships and identifying potentially novel therapeutic targets
- Biomarker discovery
- Drug repurposing
- Drug safety
- Patent analysis
- Clinical trial site selection and study design
- Mining electronic medical records to improve prediction of health outcomes
- Translational medicine
- Competitive intelligence
- Social media mining
- Sentiment analysis
Linguamatics’ flagship I2E technology combines four key capabilities to enable users to rapidly extract relevant facts and relationships from large document collections:
- Natural language processing (NLP): using linguistics to quickly interpret the meaning of unstructured text sources.
- Search engine approach: where users can define and refine ad hoc queries interactively, returning results in real time.
- Intuitive reporting: presenting extracted information with drill-down to supporting evidence.
- Domain knowledge plug-in: providing enhanced semantic search capabilities using domain knowledge such as taxonomies, thesauri and ontologies.
I2E features a client-server architecture built using industry-standard Java and C++ for use by single users, project teams, or in enterprise-wide deployments. Organizations have full control over source content to be mined, definition of queries and results output.