San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- The Hebrew for “learning.”
- A fresh, innovative kind of Jewish Learning Festival. An experience that will expand the Jewish horizon here in Miami—part of a worldwide movement from London to Los Angeles, from Boston to Buenos Aires, from Istanbul to Jerusalem to China to India… and now here!
- Open to everyone aged 3-103 no matter your level of Jewish knowledge or your connection with Jewish life and culture.
- Low-cost, accessible, non-hierarchical, and totally volunteer-run and participant driven—we are all “volunticipants”
- Different—featuring presenters on topics you may not know about, but wish you did.
Limmud Miami is a half-day experience on Sunday, March 23, 2014 at the beautiful Kovens Conference Center at FIU in North Miami. You will experience a set of workshops and presentations where some of the world’s most dynamic Jewish educators, performers and teachers from South Florida and around the world, working in a variety of educational styles—experiential workshops, text-study sessions, film, meditation, discussions, exhibits, performance and more—will present in an experiential smorgasbord.
Limmud Miami is diverse, with six concurrent tracks ranging across the entire spectrum of Jewish expression in one afternoon: Spirituality/Torah, Arts/Culture, Tikkun Olam/Politics, Judaism in the Americas, Leadership track for teens and young adults, and a dynamic children’s and youth programming supervised by experienced children’s educators. All tracks are open to all registered participants at any time.