Do you think you have what it takes to become the undisputed champion of the flip cup world?
Then register to participate in the Lawrence Hall Youth Services (LHYS) Junior Board's 4th Annual "We Give A Flip About Kids" Flip Cup Tournament benefitting LHYS.
Each ticket gets you entrance in the tourney, unlimited beer from 1pm-5pm, and pizza.
LHYS is a not-for-profit child welfare agency established to assist at-risk youth and their families through a seamless delivery of services designed to develop the self-worth, knowledge, and skills they need to lead independent and productive lives. Join us on February 1st to help make a difference to last a lifetime!
-Teams will be comprised of 4 or 5 people
-Only 4 people from each team are eligible to compete at one time (one person is an alternate)
***Teams can purchase tickets all at once (bulk) or individuallly using the "Individual Option." Individual registration for team members must enter the "Team Name" during checkout***
Round Robin (see rules below):
-$40/person in advance (fee will increase at the door)
-Proceeds benefit Lawrence Hall Youth Services
-Includes at least 2 games and all you can drink beer from 1pm-5pm
If you buckle under pressure and prefer not to play, come join us and be a spectator, you will get the same great drink deal without the agony of defeat.
-Best Team Name
- Must be 21 years of age to participate
- Round Robin Format
- Teams that are not present will receive a loss
- Teams must have 4 flippers at all times, substitutions allowed
- Minimum 1" or first cup line of beverage
- Only one hand on the cup at a time. If you touch cup with two hands, you must relfip.
- No interference with flippers
- Flipper order is each team's discretion
- NO POURING BEVERAGES ON THE TABLE
- Games start with a "Cheers" between the first flippers for each team
- Starting with the first flipper, the flipper must drink the beverage, set the
cup on the table right side up, flip the bottom of the cup at least 180
degrees and land the cup upside down (a "FLIP")
- In order, then second, then third, then fourth must FLIP (relay style)
-The flipper leading off each game will rotate down the line of flippers
- No backboards allowed
- Each team to have each flipper complete a FLIP wins
- A FLIP is complete when it comes to a rest on the table
- Tie breakers result in a redo
- Teams must win the series to advance (best of 7)
- Referees make all calls
- Commissioners have the last call on all interpretations of the rules
- Intentional Interference: in a loss of game for the interfering team
- Unintentional Interference: interfering team must stop and let the
interfered player drink one line of the beverage, then interfering team may
- Illegal Backboard: player must redo "FLIP", game will not stop
- Touching Cup with 2 Hands: player must redo "FLIP", game will not stop
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
- This event is 21 years of age or older.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- YES, please bring your ticket the day of the event. You will need to present it at the door.
When & Where
Lawrence Hall Youth Services Junior Board
Lawrence Hall Youth Services (LHYS) has been an integral part of Chicago since 1865, and its continued success is vital to Chicago’s future. Lawrence Hall is a not-for-profit child welfare agency established to assist at-risk youth, almost all of whom have been the victims of trauma, abuse and violence, and their families through a seamless delivery of services designed to develop the self-worth, knowledge, and skills they need to lead independent and productive lives.
The Lawrence Hall Youth Services Junior Board is composed of mostly young, urban professionals who volunteer their time and mentor the children in the Residential Treatment Program. Groups of volunteers plan and coordinate monthly activities where Junior Board members use their own skill, talents, and experiences to expose the children to new and unique opportunities.
For more information about Lawrence Hall, please visit: www.lawrencehall.org