Being able to develop apps across devices is a must for any application developer, but it’s not always clear how to get started. Join us for OneScreen's August Tech Night on Thursday August 29th where we’ll be learning how to develop native mobile applications, using a single web interface – ideal for those wanting to prototype applications or get experience building for devices. Attendees will enjoy a crash course from OneScreen’s Director of Consumer Applications Jason Wong, and we’ll walk you through development using HTML, CSS, jQuery Mobile, and the Apache Cordova Platform (formerly known as PhoneGap) to deployment for Android and iOS. And of course, food, drinks, and a raffle will be available to everyone who attends.
Check out some highlights from our last Tech Night!
Insider Tip: If you attended our last Tech Night, you’ll be one step ahead of the game. We’ll be using the “Chirper” social platform you built to demo development. Don’t worry, we’ll provide everything needed to catch up for those who couldn’t make it.
So are you ready to go native? Here’s what you’ll need to know:
When: Thursday, August 29th from 4PM to 8PM*
*4PM to 5PM will serve as an arrival period for you to network and get any help with set up if you need it. Training will begin promptly at 5PM.
Skill level and knowledge base requirements:
This Tech Night is best suited for developers with intermediate or experienced skill levels in the following:
(Based on a scale of 1 – 10)
- HTML: 7 / 10
- CSS: 7 / 10
- "Chirper” pre-installed. Demo and installation instructions can be found here. The Ruby on Rails presentation can be found here.
- For those interested in deploying for iOS: X-Code
- For those interested in deploying for Android : Android SDK, Eclipse
- Laptop fully charged*
- Bring an Android or iOS phone if you want to see the application on your phone.
*Limited outlets will be available
- The Arrival window will be from 4PM to 5PM, with the training starting promptly at 5PM. If you need any help getting set up or any of the programs installed, please arrive at 4PM.
Space is limited, so RSVP today, and don't forget to share this event with your friends! Guests who haven’t RSVPed will not be able to attend.
We've also created a short development experience survey for you to fill out, which will better help us tailor the training to your skill level. https://podio.com/webforms/5186160/406320 We would greatly appreciate if you could fill this out before the event.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.