Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Welcome to the MakeSimply X Education Program. A program dedicated to the Lean Hardware Startup methodology.
The program is split into two tracks: Manufacturing Workshop Series and Product Development Series.
Manufacturing Workshop Series includes:
- Machining Techniques
- Plastic Techniques
- PCB Techniques
- Forming Techniques
- Joining Techniques
Product Development Series includes:
- Product Roadmap
- Sourcing and Trading
- Communicating with Manufacturers
Our second class is in the Manufacturing Workshop Series and is called the PCB Techniques Workshop. The Printed Circuit Board (PCB) is almost always the heart and soul of hardware. The speaker (Jonathan Hirschman) walks you through what a PCB is, how it’s designed and made, how it gets assembled into functional hardware, what things cost, and how to save money when you’re ready to prototype, or even step into production.
Topics/Techniques will include:
- The Printed Circuit Board
- Basic PCB Anatomy
- How PCBs are Designed
- How PCBs are Made
- File types: Gerbers and Drills
- Components: Thru-Hole vs. Surface Mount
- Component Terminology
- Component Data Sheets
- How PCBs are Assembled
- File types: the BOM, XYRS data
- Basic PCB and PCBA Economics
The PCB workshop is designed for anyone who is interested in incorporating PCBs into their hardware. Whether you’re going to work with PCBs yourself or to have someone else do the heavy lifting, this workshop will teach the essentials that you need to either get started, buy services, or manage someone doing for you.
The Workshop will be held on October 28th at 55 Broad Street, 13th Floor Room 13C, New York, NY (http://goo.gl/maps/V3VSM) from 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
Hurry gets your tickets now. This workshop will be sold out in no time!
Our Space Sponsor
We would like to thank our space sponsor NYU-Poly Department of Technology Management & Innovation. Read about their undergraduate and graduate programs here.
FAQs - Common questions about the event
1. Is an ID required?
Yes. An ID is required to get into the building.
2. Is their age limit to enter the event?
3. What are my transportation options for getting to the event?
- Subway: Broad St. (J, Z), Bowling Green (4, 5), Whitehall St. (R) Wall Street (2, 3)
- Car/Parking: Parking Garages are available nearby http://goo.gl/maps/4Wh8O
4. What can/can't I bring to the event?
Bring your eager minds and anything you want to use to take notes with.
5. Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email edu@MakeSimp.ly
Common questions about ticket and registration
1. Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, But you must notify the organizer 24 hours before the event
2. Can I update my registration information?
Yes, Please email edu@MakeSimp.ly
3. Do I have to bring the printed ticket to the event?
No, you can use the Eventbrite app or we can lookup your information using your ID. Remember to bring ID. An ID is required to get into the building.
4. What is the refund policy?
Refunds are given upto 48 hours before the workshop. Please email edu@MakeSimp.ly to make arrangements.
5. The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Nope. Your name must match the name on the ticket so security will let you in the building. Remember to bring ID with you. Please email edu@MakeSimp.ly to make changes.