The conference and the hotel are sold out.
This conference is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education and is intended for participants from State Departments of Education, LEAs, and schools involved in School Turnaround.
This Eastern regional conference, one of four events sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education in partnership with its network of regional comprehensive centers, is designed to support School Improvement Grant (SIG) implementation efforts in Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia, and Washington, DC.
Focused on building the capacity of state education agencies (SEAs), local education agencies (LEAs), and leaders of SIG schools, the conference will include keynote presentations, extended breakout sessions, role-alike discussions, and state-specific meetings that provide opportunities for participants to:
- Develop a stronger knowledge base about research and evidence-based strategies for turning around low-performing schools, and leave with practical strategies and tools.
- Gain a deeper understanding of key roles that state, district, and school leaders should play in supporting school turnaround efforts.
- Gain a better understanding of state and regional needs and issues around supporting school turnaround efforts.
- Form new supportive relationships and strengthen existing ones, as we work together to improve educational outcomes for our most at-risk students and schools.
The Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle hotel is holding a block of rooms until Friday 3/18.
To reserve your hotel room for Wednesday night April 13th at the Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, click here
or call 1-800-266-9432 and mention the Eastern SIG Meeting to book at the conference rate of $259/night plus tax.
We have a limited amount of rooms held for Tuesday night April 12th at a rate of $339/night plus tax.
Currently the Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle hotel is sold out.
Please try the Washington Marriott
1221 22nd Street NW
Washington, DC 20037
Their rate currently is $465 for Tuesday April 12th and Wednesday April 13th.
For assistance with registration, please contact Colleen Abreu or 781-481-1132.
For inquiries related to the conference agenda please contact Robin Ahigian or 781-481-1153.
*In order to confirm your participation in the Eastern SIG Conference, your payment or Purchase Order must be received by April 6th. If payment or Purchase Order is not received by April 6th, your registration will be canceled and you will not be eligible to participate in the conference.
The options for payment are:
- Register and pay on line with a credit card through the Eventbrite registration site
- To pay by check, register and click "pay offline" and send check payable to "WestEd"
Learning Innovations at WestEd
Attn: Colleen Abreu
200 Unicorn Park Drive
Woburn, MA 01801
- To pay by Purchase Order register and click "pay offline" and send Purchase Order to the address above or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need an invoice or W-9 form, please send an email to Colleen Abreu at email@example.com. Please include company name and address as well as name and order # of attendees.
Eastern School Improvement Grant Meeting
April 13- 14, 2011
Renaissance Washington DC, DuPont Circle Hotel
1143 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20037
9:00 a.m.Coffee and registration
10:00 Welcome and Introductions – Representative of the
US Department of Education
10:15Plenary Keynote and Panel – Leadership that Leads
to School Turnaround
12:00 noonLunch and table discussions by state
1:15 p.m.Breakout sessions – Four discussions on Specific Aspects of SIG Implementation
2:45 Plenary Keynote - Effective Teachers and Leaders
3:45Breakout sessions – Four discussions on Specific Aspects of Effective Teachers and Leaders
Dinner on your own
7:30 amBreakfast table discussions by topic - optional
8:30Opening remarks followed by plenary
10:00 Breakout sessions – Four discussions on Assessment and Instruction
11:30 Panel – Collaborating to Optimize Learning for all Students
12:30 p.m. Lunch and table discussions by state
2:15Breakout sessions - Four discussions on Optimizing Teaching
and Learning for all students
3:30Closing speaker – Representative of US Department of Education
Have questions about Leading Successful School Turnarounds: The Role of State, District, and School Leadership? Contact the organizer