San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
World Cares Center, in partnership with NYC Service and LaGuardia Community College, will deliver Leading and Managing Your Constituents in Disaster Response training workshops for community leadership of various non-profit organizations, volunteer groups, institutions, agencies, and faith leaders who will emerge as disaster managers when emergencies and disasters strike. The training will begin at 9am and end at 2pm with 1 one hour lunch and 2 fifteen minute breaks.
Training materials and refreshments will be provided to each participant.
The training will enhance participants', their agencies', and the community's ability to respond to disasters, managing both affiliated and spontaneous volunteers, leading to the improved health and resilience of their community.
In addition, participants will garner the skills and insight to improve community preparedness and response capabilities to effectively organize citizens to safely assist in a coordinated disaster response.
This training session is designed to:
* Provide insights into the benefits of having a well-developed Volunteer Management Plan
* Address the role and the roles of community leaders, teams, partners, and community volunteers during an incident.
* Support the proper management and integration of community volunteers and be energized about helping your community and partners to be better prepared to manage all volunteers.
* Teach the incident command system (ICS)
* Provide insight into disaster response physical and emotional self-care
* Give an overview of the Long Term Recovery and the committees that are developed to support your community
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-563-7570 for more information on World Cares Center's training and volunteer opportunities.
When & Where
World Cares Center
Founded in the aftermath of the tragic September 11, 2001 attacks, World Cares Center has been helping communities prepare for and respond to disasters, both large and small-scale. World Cares Center’s mission is to empower communities through disaster response training, support, and coordination.