Leadership and Horse Sense
Thursday, July 25, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
Discover the non-verbal advantage!
Your professional success is tightly linked to your use and knowledge of body language, whether you know it or not. Leaders who know how to accurately de-code the silent signals of others, and who are able to use body language that is aligned with the messages they want to convey, gain a competitive advantage in business - no matter what business they're in!
Today's leaders must lead through influence rather than control
Influence relies on:
- The ability to understand another's perspective;
- Knowing how to read non-verbal messages;
- The ability to communicate authentically.
The language of horses isthe body. They are masters at reading non-verbal messages because their lives depend on it!
- You can’t fake it with a horse.
- Horses directly reflect the people who handle them — they give instant feedback.
- Horses pick up messages that we miss, or are unaware of giving.
- Horses read all our emotions, including those below the surface.
Benefits & results
Learn what it means to lead others by earned authority and not just a formal position or title. In this workshop you will:
- Gain greater awareness of your communication strengths and gaps.
- Discover how your nonverbal messages influence the way others perceive you as a leader.
- Learn how your nonverbal communication affects your relationships with others.
- Practice aligning your words with body language that supports - rather than sabotages - your message.
- Regsiter early - Only 12 spaces available for each session!
- This is a one day workshop. 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
- We take 45 minutes for lunch and two 20-minute breaks during the day.
- Please brown bag your lunch. Snacks and beverages provided.
- No horse experience is necessary and no riding is involved.
- Safe horse handling practices are thoroughly reviewed with participants.