LaunchUp Northfront #5 @ Northfront Business Resource Center
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (MDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
NorthFront LaunchUp is a bi-monthly event for entrepreneurs, aspiring entrepreneurs, startup junkies, cool people, miscreants, and the occasional lost dog. The format of this fun event is pretty simple:
90 Minute Main Event (Consisting Of):
- Amp Session. A Successful Entrepreneur will inspire us, motivate us, and probably make us cry.
- In the Weeds. Dig into a specific startup topic at ground level: Taxes? Legal? Outsourcing? Sales? Marketing? Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, and lots more Yep.
- 3 Startup Companies. 7 min presentation, 7 min Q&A. Community interaction and advice for these companies.
Barn-Raising (Consisting Of):
- Free Food! A man (and a woman- last we checked) has gotta eat.
- Corner Dives. Find one of the presenting startup companies logos on a wall, go to them. Meet them. Offer to help them. Energize them.
- Networking. Tell we get kicked out.
IN THE WEEDS PRESENTER
Company Bio:Nerchur is a cloud based software solution that provides sales and marketing tools for small business. Integrating this system into your business culture will help you communicate more effectively, close more sales and retain valuable customers.
3 Lessons:1. It always takes longer than you think, and that’s ok.
2. Let the negativity you get from others fuel your passion to prove them wrong.
3. You’ll never figure the right way to price until you actually ask someone to pay for it. The proof is in the purchase.
Company Bio:Aptivada works specifically with TV, Radio and other media properties to help them quickly grow their social audience. Our custom facebook apps, management tools, and media specific trainings drive exciting results which has created a lot of buzz in the TV and Radio space. Aptivada works with over 125 TV and Radio stations nationwide including the NBC Universal, Fox, Gannett, Journal Broadcast Group, and many others.
3 Lessons:1. Take the Leap. - If you believe in your idea, do it. The details will work themselves out.
2. Master the "Puffer Fish". - Don't sell yourself short. Let people believe you are bigger than you are
3. Niche to Win - (Dave McClure) - Find your niche. Sign up your "MVP" client. Make a name for yourself.
Company Bio:Tap or swipe to quickly call, text, email, or tweet friends.
When & Where
NorthFront LaunchUp is a combination of the NorthFront Entrepreneur Alliance and LaunchUp. The NorthFront Alliance was created in 2008 with the purpose to bring together entrepreneurs in Northern Utah to learn, network, share ideas, find needed resources, and to recognize accomplishments. LaunchUp was created in 2010 to provide energetic "barn-raising" events for entrepreneurs. Combined NorthFront LaunchUp events started being held in 2012.