Want to Pitch Investors for Media, Entertainment, Tech, Health and Wellness, or Social Impact Ventures?
Want to learn about attracting funding and partnerships in these markets?
Join this EXCLUSIVE venture forum where we feature FOUR sessions in different categories. Each session involves a panel discussion by investors, followed by venture pitch from startups. There is no fee to apply to pitch, you only need to purchase a ticket once accepted.
JUST ADDED KEYNOTE FROM ROB TERCEK!
IF YOU WANT TO PITCH INVESTORS, USE FORM BELOW. DEADLINE FEB 22 noon.
Each session consists of 30 minutes panel discussion by investors; followed by venture pitch where selected startups give 3-5 minutes pitch followed by questions and comments from judges.
You can choose from four sessions; and join together for keynote at the end followed by networking.
Session 1 for Creative Content Projects
Hosted by FilmBreak.
Session 2: Digital and Mobile Health, Fitness, and Wellness Ventures
Hosted by ExcelPR Group.
Session 3: Tech/Web Ventures: Digital media, web, mobile, software, hardware, devices.
Hosted by AngelLaunch
Session 4: Social Impact Investing and Social Entrepreneurship
Hosted by B Revolution Capital.
Detailed Schedule: 2:30pm-9pm
3:00-4:15 Session I: CREATIVE CONTENT PROJECTS
For Producers, Writers, Film, TV, Cable, Documentaries, Video, Games, Web, and Music.
Understand specific strategies for media, games, film, TV, video and entertainment startups including attracting customers, forging partnerships, managing eCommerce, pricing, negotiating deals, and forming relationships with traditional media powerhouses like studios and broadcast networks. THIS SESSION HOSTED BY FILMBREAK.
Brad Wyman, Indiegogo, Vertical Lead for Film, Web, Video, TV
Melinda Moore, SVP, Entertainment Media Ventures
Jennifer Collins, Vice President of Digital Revenue, Los Angeles Times
Yair Landau, Partner, MK Capital
Stuart Halperin, Co-Founder, Hollywood.com / Strategic Marketing Consultant
Moderator: Taylor McPartland, Co-Founder, FilmBreak
Cloud Nine Pictures (4)
Digital 3d Productions (3)
Me2 Media 3/3
Jam Ball (3)
- Distribution and marketing for content projects
- Attracting customers, forging partnerships, pricing, negotiating deals
- Forming relationships with traditional media powerhouses like studios and broadcast networks
- Using crowdfunding to attract angel investors, supporters, and fans
3:00-4:15 Session 2: MOBILE AND DIGITAL HEALTH, WELLNESS AND FITNESS VENTURES
For apps and devices relating to health care, wellness, health, measurement, scan, monitoring, management, fitness, weight, training, physician selection.
Mobile and digital solutions have huge market opportunities especially with implementation of the Obama care insurance requirements. These solutions are changing the way healthcare is delivered and received. THIS SESSION HOSTED BY EXCEL PR.
Howard Leonhardt, Cal-X Stars Business Accelerator, Founder
Marcus Filipovich, Director Emeritus Pasadena Angels, Founding CEO Ikona Medical Corp.
Scott Sangster, Founder, Health in Reach, Member Tech Coast Angels
Ahmed Enany, President & CEO, Southern California Biomedical Council (SoCalBio)
Llewellyn Cox, USC
Moderator; Erik Deutsch, ExcelPR Group
R Time (4)
- Hear key players in this market and funding strategies—tech startups, incubators, angels, hospital providers, physicians, patients, pharma, payers, and programmers.
- Understand ther unique goals, perspectives, and challenges to growing and implementing mobile and digital health strategies. How can you take advantage of this emerging market?
- Learn strategies to attract funding and partners
4:15-4:30 Networking and snacks
4:30-5:45 Session 3: RAISING MONEY FROM ANGELS AND CROWDFUNDING FOR TECH VENTURES
For digital media, social media, web enabled and web services, mobile apps, software, hardware. Understand how to attract venture capital for tect startups and state of the market.
THIS SESSION HOSTED BY ANGELLAUNCH
U Grok It (4)
Leonardo Management (4)
Conference Hound (3)
Sqeeqee Group (1)
Moderator: Terrence Yang, Angel Investor, Member Tech Coast Angels
Brad Wyman, Indiegogo, Vertical Lead for Film, Web, Video, TV
Steve Schlenker, Partner, DN Capital
Marcus Filipovich, Director Emeritus Pasadena Angels, Founding CEO Ikona Medical Corp.
Richard Morgenstern, Angel Investor, Member Tech Coast Angels
Scott Sangster, Angel Investor, Founder, Health in Reach
Joe Platnick, Pasadena Angels
- Learn how to use crowdfunding websites to raise funds for startups, new tech ventures, business ideas, inventions, nonprofits, and entertainment projects.
- Understand differences between equity funding, donations, and crowdsourcing
- Hear insider tips on how to reach your goals, use your existing network for marketing, and how angels can use crowdfunding to enhance their investments.
4:30-5:45 Session 4: SOCIAL IMPACT INVESTING AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
For ventures with social good and social impact benefits such as B Corporations and B Corp investors, Impact Investors.Social Enterprise, entrepreneurs, angel investors, philanthropists, wealth management professionals and anyone who wants to do well by doing good.
Mike Costache, Philanthropraneur, Tech Coast Angels
Marty Metro, Founder & CEO of Usedcardboardboxes.com, Chairman Green LAVA
Stephen Meade, Founder of BigBamboo, LLC (Green Incubator)
Gregory Wendt, CFP, Senior Wealth Advisor -StakeHolders Capital, Inc.
Christopher Brereton, Founder of Picture Healing (B Corp)
Moderator: Dirk Sampselle, CEO, B Revolution
We discuss investing strategies for social impact ventures and socially responsible investments, sustainable, and ethical components. Also partnerships between nonprofits and for profit ventures. Understand how to collaborate with nonprofits and for-profit social enterprises and corporate social responsibility initiatives which are designed to foster common social missions. THIS SESSION HOSTED BY B REVOLUTION
Open Door (4)
Kira Kiss (3)
Drink Coba (4)
- Defining Impact Investing: as simple as the generation of financial profits while delivering social or environmental good?
Attracting investors. Explaining what is at stake and what are the possibilities for success; both in terms of positive social effects and financial returns for their fund?
- Finding Partners and Board Members: Attracting advisors and board members to foster introductions and credibility
5:45-6:15 Networking and snacks
6:15-7:00 KEYNOTE SPEAKER: ROB TERCEK
Digital media veteran Robert Tercek has spent his entire career launching successful new media services by identifying opportunities long before they become mainstream. He launched the first massively successful online games, the first interactive television shows and the first mobile video networks, the first mobile games, and much more. Every time, he proceeded from a hypothesis grounded in market data. Now, at LaunchFest, Tercek plans to share his vision for the single biggest trend that will change everything. Don't miss this keynote speech if you want to learn about the trend that will reshape entire industries and expose colossal new business opportunities.
Rob Tercek is one of the world’s most prolific creator of interactive entertainment and former President of Digital Media for OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, as well as previously serving in executive leadership roles at Sony Pictures Entertainment, MTV: Music Television and several startup technology companies. We are delighted that FilmBreak is bringing Rob to this event.
This is an exclusive opportunity to hear Rob's compelling message in an interactive forum whereyou can share your ideas.
7:00-9:30 Networking Reception with Investors over drinks and dinner
STARTUPS OR CONTENT VENTURES, APPLY TO GIVE A DEMO OR PITCH FOR FUNDS TO INVESTORS:
Apply now to give a 3-6 minutes pitch to panel of investors and hear their feedback. There is no fee to apply or pitch but you must buy a ticket. Past demos have received millions in funds from our events. Send us an email with "Pitchfest" in subject line with form below in red. Make sure to include name, industry, website, your contact info, stage of funding, and amount of funding you are seeking to demo@AngelLaunch.com.
INVESTORS, APPLY TO SPEAK AND JUDGE STARTUPS DURING VENTURE PITCH
We invite investors to judge the venture pitch such as VCs, angels, strategic investors and investment banks to speak and judge panel from 5:30 to 7pm. Send email with bio to Investor@AngelLaunch.com.
PLEASE INDICATE WHICH SESSION (1-4) YOU WANT
DEMO TABLES AND SPONSORS
Host a demo table during networking to meet investors; and give 3 minute demo or pitch to audience. Includes Wifi and electrical outlet, and two tickets. Purchase on links above.
STARTUPS APPLY TO PITCH CUT AND PASTE FOR APPLICATION IN EMAIL TO APPLY TO PITCH . USE AS SUBJECT LINE "LAUNCHFESTLA"
Send to Pitch@angellaunch.com
- Indicate which TYPE of venture or project you seek to pitch. You must choose one category since we have separate panels:
(1) Creative Content-film, tv, games, music, books, video, new media
(2) Mobile and digital health, wellness and fitness
(3) Tech and Interent-web, mobile apps, digital media, device, hardware, software
(4) Social impact and entrepreneurship-Venture with social good element
- Are you seeeking funding or distribution partners. Indicate types of partners you want.
- Company name and website.
- Company address
- Contact person name, title, phone and email and second person in charge.
- Funding Stage: Founders, Number of Employee, and Management Team Bios A full time passionate and committed management team that has invested their own capital in addition to their career opportunity cost. While it is not expected that the company have a complete management team, the current team should have minimum of two individuals. Additionally, the assembled team should identify which members they are missing and be prepared to discuss identified candidates
- Company Formation Date
- Proposed Presenter
- Complete Description of Product or Service and Business Model
- Identification of business model and description of how the company makes money.
- Market Potential and Benefits to Industry: A large addressable market and clearly stated pain/problem for this market. Give evidence of customer demand through active sales prospecting and funnel management, purchase orders, letters of intent, letters of commitment, or actual shipped/invoiced sales supported by market research.
- Benefits to Industry: Where Product Fits In with Existing Market
- Partners or Customers: A contract, agreement, relationship, joint venture, partnership or capacity to manufacturer or distribute the product or service.
- Key Investors, Amounts Funded, Current Funding Status and Amount Sought, Summary of status of Proforma financial statements
- Potential Competitors: Competitor Analysis and documentation of competitive differentiators. Please do not say you don’t have any; every company has some form of competition.
- Exit Strategy: A defined exit strategy/return for the Angel Fund including but not limited to share repurchase, rents, dividend, principal and interest payments, merger/acquisition or IPO.
HOST A DEMO EXHIBITOR TABLE OR SPONSOR
Who should demo: Tech solution providers for products, services or applications such as: consumer electronics, software, computers, hardware, eCommerce, payment and billing solutions, web services, apps, digital media, devices, digital asset management, 3D, mobile, cameras, video, equipment, hardware, software, services, applications, editing, web services, broadband applications, devices, games, research firms, and professional service providers. You don't need to be an exhibitor on the show floor to demo at our event, and you can meet hundreds of prospective sales leads in a focused setting.
Why exhibit at our demo tables:
- Meet buyers face-to-face, including senior executives who typically are not accessible on the show floor.
- Introduce new products and set up meetings in advance from our exclusive advance attendee list
- Obtain press coverage and media exposure.
- Select from a range of options from $495 to $2495 with different levels of benefits which include an ADVANCE opt in attendee list with contact data which you can use to set up client meetings while at CES on the show floor or during our event.
- Comp tickets for staff or clients
ABOUT CO SPONSORS
FilmBreak aims to be the world's largest virtual studio, offering filmmakers a fully integrated online solution complete with marketing, financing and distribution capabilities. FilmBreak's key differentiators are its Hype Meter – an elegantly designed audience aggregation tool that allows filmmakers to actively build, engage and monetize their audience – and the FilmBreak Score, a proprietary algorithm used to score projects. FilmBreak is located in the heart of Hollywood as part of the io/LA community.
General Assembly provides a variety of classes, workshops, and long-form educational programming. General Assembly offers courses covering technology, coding, entrepreneurship, and design. General Assembly helps students globally create opportunities through educational programming in the areas of technology, entrepreneurship, and design. They recently expanded to Santa AMonica as an important center for technology and media.
Building the B Revolution through early-stage capital for B Corporations.
B Revolution Capital is a non-profit association for angel investors interested in investing in early-stage B Corporations. B Corporations harness the power of business to solve social or environmental problems. B Revolution Capital focuses on early-stage, high-growth-potential B Corporations with an investment need of between $50,000 and $1 million. With the support of its members and sponsors, the association hosts educational fora, pitch and business plan competitions, and monthly member meetings in order to provide investors with access to first-class knowledge and investment opportunities.
Our members make individual investment decisions using their personal funds. While B Revolution Capital provides no advisory services or recommendations, the association offers its members the opportunity to be a part of the B Revolution by supporting and mentoring startup B Corps through angel investments. B Revolution Capital’s leadership selects applicants to present their ventures at the monthly meetings, and provides a community through which investors can collaborate on due diligence and investment syndication. ExcelPR Group helps clients build positive awareness, credibility and bottom line results. Our team of senior-level professionals has managed campaigns for organizations ranging from start-ups to large, publicly traded companies. Specialty areas include publicity and media relations, word-of-mouth/buzz marketing and editorial services.
Our experience also includes working on the opposite side of the PR/journalism equation. Each member of our team has worked as a professional print, broadcast or online journalist. ExcelPR Group clients benefit from this hands-on experience, and the certainty that their account will not be passed down to less seasoned, junior-level staff. We have relationships with the journalists, industry analysts and opinion leaders who are key to achieving our clients PR goals.
ExcelPR Group clients have appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Oprah, ABC World News Tonight, The Today Show and CNN, to name just a few top-tier media outlets. They have also been covered in countless local media and trade publications, as well as the most highly-trafficked general and special interest blogs. From product launches to profile stories, we generate the kind of positive coverage and online buzz that advertising dollars simply can't buy. And we achieve these results without the huge monthly retainers characteristic of larger agencies.
Our campaigns have earned multiple first place awards from leading public relations and communications industry associations. These include PRism Awards from the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), Los Angeles Chapter for Best Corporate Communications, Best Non-Profit Campaign, Best Media Writing and Best Technology Convergence Program.