LAPEN 5th Annual Summit for Parent Educators
Thursday, March 29, 2012 from 9:15 AM to 3:30 PM (CDT)
Port Allen, LA
Join parent educators from across Louisiana at the Annual Summit for Parent Educators to be held at the West Baton Rouge Conference Center in Port Allen. Registration will close on March 26, 2012.
- Adolescent Brain Development, Dr. Ann Tilton, MD, Pediatric Neurologist, Children's Hospital in New Orleans
- Engaging Parents of Young Children Using Social Media, Orhan McMillan, Denzins Interactive in Baton Rouge
- Infant/Toddler Brain Development, Courtney Morse Costella, MSW, MPH, LMSW and Jenni Watts, Parent Educator at the Parenting Center, Children's Hospital in New Orleans
- The Power of Positive Parenting, Gatha Green, Triple P Level 2, 3 & 4 Accredited, Children's Coalition of Northeast Louisiana
- Overview of LAPEN and an update on LAPEN activities
- NASW-LA approved for 5.0 hours CEU general credit
- Approved for 5.0 child care clock hours through Pathways
- Certificates of attendance will be available at the end of the day for pre-registered attendees
- Continental breakfast for all attendees
- Catered luncheon for all attendees
- Opportunities for networking with other professionals and volunteers - bring business cards!
- Packet of reference materials and handouts
This program has been approved for 5 general continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter as authorized by the Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
DCFS and Pathways have approved the LAPEN Summit for 5.0 hours of Child Care Clock Hours.
REGISTRATION CLOSES ON MONDAY, MARCH 26th.
DISCOUNT FOR LOUISIANA PARTNERSHIP FOR CHILDREN & FAMILIES MEMBERS!
If you or your organization belong to the Louisiana Partnership, you are eligible for a $5 discount. Members can enter the promotional code when registering above. You can obtain the promotional code from the Louisiana Partnership office or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION Questions? Send your registration questions to: email@example.com.
For more information about LAPEN can be found at: www.lapartnership.org/our-programs
For more information about Louisiana Partnership for Children & Families, go to: www.lapartnership.org
REGISTRATION IS NOT OFFERED ON-SITE. YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER!
Thank you to the Louisiana Children's Trust Fund for their support of the
Annual Summit of the Louisiana Parenting Educators Network.
When & Where
Louisiana Parenting Educator Network
LAPEN works to advance the field of parenting education and to provide leadership and infrastructure to support Louisiana’s parent educators from every field.
LAPEN is an association for parent educators in Louisiana. We are composed of professionals from differing backgrounds and training who share a common interest in providing high quality and effective parenting education.
The GOALS of LAPEN:
1. To develop and support a statewide network of parent educators who offer parenting education services.
2. To promote best practices in parenting education.
3. To provide and promote continuing education and professional development opportunities for parent educators.
LAPEN is a program of Louisiana Partnership for Children & Families. www.lapartnership.org