Lake Worth Tweetup #1
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
Lake Worth, FL
You are invited to the Lake Worth Tweet Up!
@Brian_Kirsch and @johnpanico along with our host, the Lake Worth Rum Shack are inviting you to the inaugural Lake Worth Tweet Up
What is a “Tweet Up”?
Tweet up’s are a great way to meet people that you have connected with via Twitter!
Usually, you connect with someone online after you have met them in person. But this event gives people the opportunity to meet beyond cyberspace. One hundred and forty characters can only be used for so long. This event is the time to meet face to face.
This particular meeting is Lake Worth’s first Tweetup!
Not just a Social Event! This is also a fund raiser for Safe Harbor Animal Sanctuary
There will be raffles and door prizes while you are there. But make no mistake! All proceeds benefit Safe Harbor.
Safe Harbor Animal Rescue & Clinic mission is to rescue homeless animals in need. They respond to the needs of animals which come under their protection and care. Animals living in their facility will remain in residence until they are carefully adopted.
How many times can you go out, meet new friends and help out a great organization like Safe Harbor? How cool is that?? That being said, this is truly a social event! There will be fun and socializing as we get to know each other better.
If you’re like me, then you’re excited about seeing in real life some old twitter friends (many for the first time) and meeting some new ones as well.
Attending a Tweet Up can be valuable for increasing your relationships with existing twitter friends and it can lead to new ones offline and online as well. Therefore, you should plan ahead of time to take advantage of the situation. (Yes, that would mean business cards J )
More and more businesses are leaning towards social networking and Twitter is a great place to start.
Where is this Tweet UP going to be?
Lake Worth RumShack & Grill is the scene for this month’s Tweet Up!
It is located at:
606 Lake Ave
Lake Worth, FL 33460-3811
Great! When and what time?
Tuesday October 27, 2009
Starts 6:30 PM
Most folks start heading for the doors by 9. But I have been to Tweet Ups that have gone much longer. Bottom line, come and go when you want!
What if my friends or I aren’t on Twitter yet?
You are definitely welcome. Maybe you want to see what this Twitter thing is all about.
Bring your non-twitter friends who don’t get it: I’ve heard so many people say they don’t get Twitter or see the value of using it. Bring them to the Tweet Up to listen to how others use twitter. No matter if you don’t currently use Twitter or have thousands of followers, you will learn some cool things as people share.
How should I promote the Lake Worth Tweet Up?
Twitter about the event early and often. Help keep the momentum going by adding the hashtag #SpiritPD to your tweets. That way you can see all of the tweets people are posting regarding this Tweet Up. Here is a tweet you could actually cut and paste if you like:
How do you get ready for a Tweet Up?
- Update your twitter profile: – You’re going to meet new Twitter friends (there’s no maybe here, you will make new friends) Make sure your Twitter bio is updated and has a link going to your company website or blog.
You may want to update your profile picture and bio description. Take a moment and look at @ Brian_Kirsch profile as an example from Twitterbacks
- Update your blog: If you haven’t posted in a while, you might want to post something new especially if your twitter profile links to your blog.
- Have your business cards ready: Do I need to explain this one?
- Bring your store items: If you sell twitter t-shirts it might be a good idea to put some in the trunk of your car, especially if you wear yours and people would like to purchase one. On the other hand, this is primarily a meet and greet event. Don’t expect to put up a table to sell your wares. There will be time for that later.
- Charge your devices: This one really applies to me but charge your mobile phone, camcorders and camera batteries. Tweet Ups are known for a lot of texting and pictures being taken.
If you don’t have a mobile, the venue has WiFi available for your laptop, so bring it.
- Get some rest the night before: The tweetup is scheduled for 2 hours unless you attend the pre-drinks gathering but after the tweetup, tweeple are known to hangout late and continue the conversations.