San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
BBQ fans, this beer is for you. Get ready to #GetPorked!
#GetPorked will both satiate and educate. During dinner, L.A. Foodie's Ben & Drew will record a live #LAFoodiePodcast about American BBQ styles and the beers that pair best with them. Peek behind the #LAFoodiePodcast curtain while Ben & Drew crack wise and engage in general jackassery with their special #GetPorked guests.
#GetPorked features a sit-down dinner that starts promptly at 8:00. There will be plenty of time before and after dinner to mingle, horse around, and enjoy your gift bag!
Every #GetPorked guest will receive a hefty course of delicious BBQ. For dinner, you will be served a sit-down meal that includes all 4 styles of pork and all of the sides listed below. The full meal will be about the same size as a large BBQ combo plate.
- Hickory smoked pork served with mustard sauce, Chowchow, and Texas toast.
- Oak smoked pork with spicy Jack Daniel's tomato sauce, tobacco onions, and grit cakes.
- Apple wood smoked pork. Dry rubbed with Beachwood rub, served with vinegar BBQ sauce and vinegar cole slaw on a pretzel bun.
- Pecan smoked pork with stone fruit BBQ sauce, served with a sweet potato pancake.
Every #GetPorked guest will receive 4 Beachwood Brewing craft beers.
5 ounces per beer for a total of 20 ounces. Each brew will be carefully selected and uniquely paired with each style of pork. Because Beachwood's beer selection rotates frequently, beers will be chosen by the chef and brewer on the night of the #GetPorked event. Information about the beers and how they pair with dinner and dessert will be provided. To see what Beachwood is pouring right now, take a look at their live "Hop Cam" webcam!
Every #GetPorked guest will receive 4 different Mwokaji Cakery desserts.
- Sponge cake with passion fruit filling, whipped frosting topped with fresh strawberries, blackberries, and mangoes.
- Red velvet bacon cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
- Dark chocolate verrines.
- Chocolate chip sprinkle cookies.
But wait! There's more! #GetPorked guests will all receive a gift bag filled with...
- Free pork jerky from KRAVE Jerky!
- Free full size bags of Posalot gourmet popcorn!
- Free samples of rich, decadent TCHO Chocolates!
- Free Yelp can koozies!
- $20 Uber gift cards for every guest. (Uber rides originating from Long Beach are based on availability. But Uber credits are good for use at any time, not just in association with this event. $20 ride credit applies to new signups.).
- Photobooth! Play dress up, make a funny face, and act a fool for the camera! (Don't worry. Nobody will see it except for the internet.).
- #IBurgerLA tees for sale! L.A. Foodie tees will be on sale. Buy one for your dad for Father's Day!
Buy your #GetPorked tickets now! Only $40, includes everything!
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter #GetPorked? You must be 21 or older to attend #GetPorked. You will be asked to show I.D. at the door.
What are my parking options at #GetPorked? Beachwood BBQ and Brewing offers validation for the nearby parking structure. Downtown Long Beach also offers metered street parking.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions? You can contact L.A. Foodie here.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? Nah. We'll have your name. Just bring your I.D.