*** Event is SOLD OUT! You can sign up for the waitlist in case someone drops out. ***
Join us for the LA Food Swap at Otherwild!
Diversify your pantry while meeting your friends and neighbors.
Note: Space is limited! If you register and don't show up, someone else loses a chance to have your spot. Please make sure that you are planning to attend before you register. Thanks!
A food swap is an event where swappers share homemade, homegrown, or foraged foods with each other. Swaps allow direct trades to take place between attendees, e.g., a loaf of bread for a jar of pickles or a half-dozen backyard eggs.
We welcome everyone, as long as you bring something you made, grew, or foraged yourself. You must pre-register to attend. If you plan to bring a family member or friend who will be swapping their own foods, please register them separately.
Sunday, April 28, 2013, 2-4 pm
Please arrive promptly at 2 pm.
The swap will be followed by an Otherwild Open Haus from 4-7 pm. Swappers and non-swappers are invited to attend.
Otherwild, 1932 Echo Park Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90026
What to bring
• Food to swap: All swap items must be homemade, homegrown, or foraged by you. Think preserves, baked goods, fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, condiments, beverages… you name it! Bring as little or as much as you like. You can bring a bunch of one thing or multiples of a few different things. The possibilities are endless!
Keep in mind that swappers will be examining and picking up your goods, so be sure to package them in a way that protects the food and makes it clear the amounts you want to swap. When applicable, it is recommended that you include storage and shelf life information.
If possible, you should also bring samples for others to try.
• Swap card: Bring one swap card for each different item you're swapping. For example, if you're bringing 5 jars of strawberry jam, 5 jars of apricot jam, and 10 bunches of rosemary, fill out 1 card for the strawberry jam, 1 card for the apricot jam, and 1 card for the rosemary. Fill out the top part only (Who, What, Notes).
You can download the swap card here.
• Release form: Please note that you will need to sign a release form in order to attend. Print, sign, and bring it with you to the swap.
You can download the release form here.
Find out more about the LA Food Swap and how it works at lafoodswap.com
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Honor Code
This is a community event; however, participants must pre-register, which means this event is operated as a private club.
In addition, all swap participants adhere to an honor code of using the highest cleanliness standards in their own kitchens and gardens to prepare their swap items. Swap participants must agree to the following terms before registering:
• By participating in this event, you are acknowledging that the food items being shared are not necessarily prepared in commercial kitchens or spaces inspected by any government agency.
• By participating in this event, you are also acknowledging that you will use the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in food preparation.
• By participating in this event, you assume all liability; specifically, you agree to not hold liable food swap hosts, swap venue owners/providers, or other swap participants.