Kiva U Summit
Friday, October 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM - Monday, October 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for the first-ever Kiva U Summit!
This fall, we're bringing together over 100 passionate and innovative college students, high school students, and educators, from around the world to work with experts in microfinance and global development, to think through the world's most challenging problems, and get the knowledge and tools to mobilize their campuses and classrooms around ending poverty through microfinance.
Kiva U is a movement of students and educators empowered to change the world through microfinance. Young people and teachers can create and join Kiva U teams in the Kiva online community at KivaU.org, connect with like-minded peers, and access resources to become experts and take action. In the process, they will deepen their understanding of poverty, microfinance, financial inclusion, financial literacy concepts, and leadership skills.
What: The first-ever Kiva U Summit will feature presentations from students, educators, and special guests including:
- Global Director of Citi Microfinance and Community Development, Bob Annibale
- Founder and CEO of Kiva and social innovator Matt Flannery
- Visionary president of Kiva and leading social entrepreneur Premal Shah
- Internationally acclaimed author and 13-time Jeopardy contestant Bob Harris
- Award winning filmmaker and producer of the acclaimed documentary Bonsai People Holly Mosher
- TedXYouth Speaker and social entrepreneurship champion, Jonathon Stalls
- Founder and CEO of the innovative poverty fighting organization: Nuru International, Jake Harriman
Summit participants will have the time and tools to connect with each other and experts to present big ideas and become change-makers.
The Summit is fully funded by Citi, so food, accommodations, and the rest is covered. The only thing participants are asked to cover is the cost of transport from home to the event and back, but scholarships are available, so please write us at KivaU@kiva.org for more information.
When: October 11-14, 2013
Where: The HUB San Francisco
IMPORTANT NOTE: Registration is open to current college and high school students, and K-12 educators. We reserve the right to regulate the registration process to ensure a diverse population is represented.
More details will be sent upon registration.
Spaces are limited, so please register soon. We want to ensure as many schools are able to participate as possible, so we may cap the number of students or teachers from a particular school as needed. We hope to see you there!