Killer in the Fog: Tracking the Zodiac Murders in San Francisco
Join FlipSide at the historic Old Mint for a special viewing of the 2007 film “Zodiac” plus exclusive talks on this still unsolved case. The Zodiac killer terrorized the Bay Area in the late 60’s and early 70’s prompting a manhunt that went decades. Representatives from both the San Francisco Chronicle and San Francisco Police Department will provide keen insight and anecdotes from their years of chasing the killer. Then enjoy a special screening of David Fincher’s brilliant screen adaption of “Zodiac” in the Old Mint viewing room.
- Presentations by lead San Francisco Chronicle Reporter Kevin Fagan and current lead detective from San Francisco Police Department
- Special screening of the 2007 film “Zodiac”
- Beer available from Peak Brewing Company
- One beer included with admission
- "SF In The Era of the Zodiac" historical memorabilia display provided by the Guardians of the City
- Food available by Big Chef Tom's Belly Burgers
- 5:30pm Doors open
- 6:30pm Talks begin in the Old Mint viewing room
- 7:15pm Break
- 7:30pm “Zodiac” feature film (running time: 162 minutes)
21+ WITH VALID ID
In order to accommodate space for the film viewing, tickets for this special FlipSide event will be limited.
When & Where
FlipSide, a part of The San Francisco Museum and Historical Society, was founded to engage a younger generation of San Francisco history enthusiasts. Through awareness, the ultimate goal is to help foster the creation and ongoing operation of a world class museum in San Francisco’s Old Mint. This National Historic Landmark at Fifth and Mission Streets will be transformed into the San Francisco Museum at the Mint where visitors can experience the stories that shaped San Francisco through state-of-the-art interactive exhibits. All FlipSide events benefit the museum project and include exclusive parties at The Old Mint, Historic Bar Crawls, Lectures, etc.