Introducing the first ever Open Studio location*
for kids only!
In the workshop kids ages 9-16 years will:
- Brainstorm on ideas for art/draft/performance product for Open Studios
- Set a goal with written action steps to prepare for Kids Open Studios
- Learn the basics of pricing and merchandising
- Understand the value of customer service, making change, retail needs.
- Collaborate with other kids entrepreneurs
- Commit to take part in Kids' Open Studios as a sales associate, exhibitor, demonstrator or performer - their choice!
Kids' can participate in Open Studios in the folllowing ways:
Work a booth set up with products (shoes and hats), wait on customers and handle money for real!
Make things to display and sell yourself
Exhibit a single piece of art or small collection for show or sale
Perform! We will have a stage set up where you can show your talent by:
Juggling, Magic, Acting, Singing, Dance, Gymnastics, Poetry, Comedy, Acrobatics. Puppets,
Acts should be limited to 2 minutes and pre registration and auditions are required
*Location for Open Studios will be 800 Centre Street, Jamaica Plain but please note the workshops take place at Boing!
Boing! toy store is our sponsor.
Parent informational meeting details can be found by clicking here.
Robin is a producer, emcee, storyteller, comic and communciation coach who hosts monthly story slams comedy nights in Boston.
- Story Slams are where people compete telling a 5 minute personal true story based on that night's theme.
- Boston's ONLY all female comedy night is the place where female hilarity sometimes shocks and often enlightens the listeners.
- By day she trains and coaches business executives on communicating effectively and dynamically with Mindset Communication and her supportive partner.